Please Be Advised

SRS

Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Please be advised that the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society has a maximum capacity policy in effect as per our Management Agreement and Operating Plan for the 2008 / 2009 season. Three years ago the Board of Directors for the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society recognized the need to determine a maximum capacity due to the constraints of parking and environmental impact. The need to park safely, legally and to be prepared in case of an emergency is vital to the success of the Society. It is the intention of the Board of Directors to provide a quality trail system for the enjoyment and safety of all snowmobilers and to support the sport of snowmobiling in an environmentally responsible manner.

Therefore, the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society will accept vehicles for parking up to capacity of the parking lots as determined by onsite parking attendants and or the manager. Excess vehicles will be turned away and the parking lots closed. A maximum of 1000 trail passes will be sold between all booth locations. This includes the Main Parking Lots at Boulder, Frisby and the West Entrance.

In regards to the Big Iron Shoot Out. The Society recognizes that this event has been planned for the 2008 / 2009 season. The Board of Directors feel that in order for the operations of the Society to be a success we need to work within our financial and staffing constraints as well as to follow the Mission and Vision Statements of the Society. The Directors are concerned that this event could potentially impact our Management Agreements and therefore have decided to not be involved at this time. We will manage the parking and grooming as we normally would.

THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY POLICY WILL BE IN EFFECT.

Trail passes cannot be purchased ahead of time and it will be on a first come first serve basis only. Please understand that the Snowmobile Revelstoke Society is simply trying to protect our operations, our management agreements as well as trying to keep riding areas open for years to come.

Angie
Executive Director
Snowmobile Revelstoke Society

G

Guest1

WOW...How many times does this need to be posted :rolleyes: maybe the SRS should get its head out of the sand (SNOW) and GET INVOLVED my $0.02

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well even though your a flames fan Fab, I must agree.

It is better to do something rather than nothing...

G

Guest1

well even though your a flames fan Fab, I must agree. It is better to do something rather than nothing...

Well even though you are a LOSERTON fan I appreciated you agreeing ;) See you in REVY...GOT BOINKING SHEEP

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i kinda have to agree with you guys there.. i think that they should be supporting the
" events " that go on there.. after all they are the snowmobile club. and this year especially wiht people not sledding as much this year ect. for one weekend respect the fact that alot of ppl are going to be comeing there and spending alot of money there too.

and really, the A$$holes that dont respect it should just grow up. if they enjoy riding why not take the 2 sec it is to open your pack back up and put your empty poweraid bottle or red bull can in a bag in ur pack.. if you roll your sled. pick up the parts. or at least get them to the cabin where some less inconsiderit sledders will take them out.

i LOVE going to see this event, its a good time to get to meet people, hang out wiht friends you dont get to see alot, the list goes on. so why let one weekend of riding ruin a great riding area for everyone! if there is 1000 ppl on that hill,, if everyone did there part that hill can be just as nice as it was before everyone got there, and the club can have some extra money for upgrades ect.

hope everyone has a good and safe weekend! ill be there tomorrow helping Ozone setup. i wish ppl see what he goes throught to make all this happen and man hours he puts into this thing, PLEASE dont screw it up for him and everyone who likes to enjoy a fun weekend so maybe next year there can be another one.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noway should SRS be supporting this event when they have not been involved in organizing it. They got a bad rap the last time and had to deal with all the tree huggers etc for the bad incidents that happened. They are only trying to police the amount of people that enter the hill, which has been set forth by government, other than that they cannot do much with jerks that say they will just ride around the gate. No matter what, it will still come back to SRS as the finger pointing gets started and will be held liable so they need to look after the club before the event. They are looking after there liabilities because noone else did last time. I support the SRS not the BIS which is a small childs game.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well its funny you say that.. everythig was respected, and everyone had a really good time.. was awesome sure a bit of wrecks but all in all was really well organized and everyone was pritty willing to help out..

but as far as a childist game, i dono i never seen anything childish about everyone getting toguther for drag races ect,, only this one is up hill and your not out there to be the best of the best.. maybe if you would actually come out there and enjoy chilling wiht other sledders. its a prity good family event..

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well even though your a flames fan Fab, I must agree.

It is better to do something rather than nothing...

hear i had it wrong!!! i thought fab was a flamer! sorry me bad! lol:d:d:d

G

Guest1

No way should SRS be supporting this event when they have not been involved in organizing it. They got a bad rap the last time and had to deal with all the tree huggers etc for the bad incidents that happened. They are only trying to police the amount of people that enter the hill, which has been set forth by government, other than that they cannot do much with jerks that say they will just ride around the gate. No matter what, it will still come back to SRS as the finger pointing gets started and will be held liable so they need to look after the club before the event. They are looking after there liabilities because noone else did last time. I support the SRS not the BIS which is a small childs game.

:rolleyes: YOU ARE AN IDIOT...NUFF SAID.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noway should SRS be supporting this event when they have not been involved in organizing it. They got a bad rap the last time and had to deal with all the tree huggers etc for the bad incidents that happened. They are only trying to police the amount of people that enter the hill, which has been set forth by government, other than that they cannot do much with jerks that say they will just ride around the gate. No matter what, it will still come back to SRS as the finger pointing gets started and will be held liable so they need to look after the club before the event. They are looking after there liabilities because noone else did last time. I support the SRS not the BIS which is a small childs game.

Actually its a big boys game.And great for the town!!!

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well iam glad to see that some one is on my side wiht this.... and well they did an awesome job in the lots and grooming half way throught the day on saturday,, and sunday(today) OMG so much fresh up top 2 -3 feet in most spots burt a tank in 3.5hrs

T

TracksCanada

Fab:
I've known you for quite a while and think your a pretty smart guy but I disagree with you on this one.
The SRS is only doing what's in the best interest of keeping the areas open under the conditions that have been placed on them.

Why don't you and I "BOTH" get on the board of directors instead of us being keyboard cowboys.;) We can travel together to the meetings.

G

Guest1

Fab: Why don't you and I "BOTH" get on the board of directors instead of us being keyboard cowboys.;) We can travel together to the meetings.

GOT I'M IN ... do they serve CROWN at the meetings? :d

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Now that would be interesting...Crown...lol....
Fab:
I've known you for quite a while and think your a pretty smart guy but I disagree with you on this one.
The SRS is only doing what's in the best interest of keeping the areas open under the conditions that have been placed on them.

Why don't you and I "BOTH" get on the board of directors instead of us being keyboard cowboys.;) We can travel together to the meetings.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Announcement!!!! Fabster has won the "I don't have a F-ing clue award" for 2009. Congratulations on the win - Even though it is only March, I can't see how anyone can top your ignorance level for the remainder of the year.

:Happy6::party::party::party2::party2:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Announcement!!!! Fabster has won the "I don't have a F-ing clue award" for 2009. Congratulations on the win - Even though it is only March, I can't see how anyone can top your ignorance level for the remainder of the year.

:Happy6::party::party::party2::party2:

Award presentation at next Calgary Suds Night.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Sledslut I see that you agree with the F*&#$Ster quite a bit. Maybe next time you are in Revelstoke we could have a spelling contest. Hmm, wonder who will win that hands down. My 5 year old can spell better than you can.

G

Guest1

Hey Sledslut, I see that you agree with the F*&#$Ster quite a bit. Next time you are in Revelstoke we could have a spelling contest. Hmm, wonder who will win that hands down. My 5 year old can spell better than you can.

I just don't have the heart to say it too you twice :d

Top Bottom