Places to stay

SUMMIT 700

Reaction score
Where is the best place to stay in Fernie? Is there any place that u can sled right to the door?
Thanks
Cory

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know of any but you could peddle back to Inn on the border just on the alberta/bc border and you can stay and play right there. there is access to some great riding including trails that will take you back to the fernie wranglers cabin, probably worth looking into.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Has Elkford changed the bylaws, I thought the only people whom could get in town access for snowmobiles are residents of Elkford?

All you require is a plate and insurance. Albertans' generally have this so you go to the town office and get a permit. No problem other than the fact it is only open week days. I don't know how much they are enforcing the bylaw; most motel people ride to the pumps and then out of town. If you ride the town trails at night you might be suspect but I don't know who will chase you.

Kind of a nice local feature.

SUMMIT 700

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, we have stayed at the Inn on the border before and it was awsome, the owners are great. We are just looking for somewhere with more of a "nitelife" but also places to park trucks and trailers. Any Ideas?
Thanks
Cory

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, we have stayed at the Inn on the border before and it was awsome, the owners are great. We are just looking for somewhere with more of a "nitelife" but also places to park trucks and trailers. Any Ideas?
Thanks
Cory

Once again, Park Place Lodge in Fernie (250-423-6871 ask for Sheila and make her day)....:xmas-smiley-018:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best Western is also $175/night. :eek::eek:

Have stayed other places and won't stay at the BW, Super 8, or Stanford either. Stanford is $189/night for basic rooms this year!! :eek::eek:

Super 8 in Fernie will not give Sportsman's rate during ski season....But other Super 8's do.

Seems like they are about $75 more than most other places......any guesses why? :rolleyes: I guess its affordable when there are 10 of you staying in a room.....

Its sad, because I like to support local businesses, but I won't allow myself to be gouged.

There are still places in town that are cheaper so I support them and make sure they know why I do. The prices will probably keep sledders away from the area unfortunately. Lots of talk from guys about staying in the CN pass instead, which means less business for all the other amenities also.

Top Bottom