Performance Options for 2008 Rincon

bds1

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used 2008 Rincon with very low kms that is completely stock. Previously to purchasing I read lots of bad reviews on the bike if you are looking for a hard core mud machine, but the concensus seemed to be if you were looking for a good dependable bike with adequate abilities, it will be fine. Well, I bought it for trail riding/hunting and maybe the odd rally. I know I'll be getting lots of comments bashing the Rincon and thats fine, but I would like some realistic advice/suggestions on performance options that give me the best bang for the buck to optimize the performance of the Rincon machine without causing other unwanted problems.

To start, I am putting on 26" zillas. I don't want to put a lift kit or a gear reduction in as I don't think its required for my riding style. I also don't want to minimize the top speed and high speed handling of the bike. Things I am considering... K&N filter, fuel optimizer, programer, exhaust, but I am not familar with the best brands or the best sources for purchasing/installation.

Thanks

van isle

Reaction score
I know you said you don't want a Gear reduction. But there is NOTHING that will compare to putting the BRGR into a Rincon. You will not notice much of a difference in top speed since engine is now putting more torque to the wheels and you are running larger tires.

A couple years ago when i frist installed a gear reduction I was not happy because the Autoshift did not work at wide open throtle. So i decieded i would have to come up with a fix for that since there was no way i would ever go back to not having the Gear reduction but i still loved the higher speed trail riding.

After doing some R and D along with the help of a local electronics company i had a unit built to fix the autoshift issue. Kevin from Rapid revolutions is only place you can buy them they sell for 150 plus the gear reduction gears. He now has an add up on Kijiji 2003-2010 Honda Rincon 650-680 gear reduction kit - Edmonton ATV Parts, Trailers, Accessories For Sale - Kijiji Edmonton , Alberta Canada.

You can do the install yourself it not hard just time consuming to do. or you can have Kevin at rapid do it they have done many of them.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the ESP still work after the BRGR swap? You should have been able to top it out in third if so even though it wouldn't work in auto no? I ask because I am looking at buying a 2011 Rinny.

Last edited:

van isle

Reaction score
Yes the ESP will work as normal. The auto shift will not work only if the throtle is held wide open. The engine will hit the revlimiter and not upshift.

RidesRed

Reaction score
I have an 03 Rincon with the FMF pipe, K&N air filter and did not notice much improvement. I then had my torque converter sent to a race shop in Van who adjusted the slip rate. This made some improvement over stock, but not enough. Now it is time to put in the BRGR kit and then add a Detroit gearless locker. I keep up to all my buddies with their 850XP's but it definetly could use more bottom end as well as true 4x4.

Top Bottom