Overheating

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I quad with a couple of smart fellows What they have done for the overhearing problem is get a small fire extingusure remove the powder(be careful its under pressure) once empty change the fitting on the top to a air fitting fill with water carry a small air compressor pressure up the bottle on the fitting watch you dont overpressure the bottle cleans off the rad so you can keep going hopeful you are by water it does not work that well otherwords

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I got a better Idea yet,
A shureflow pump 10-12 GPM, run a accessory jack on it (switched) so you can plug in your port on the ATV, run a garden hose about 6' on both ends and have a garden sprayer on the other end. I used this at the edson rally and Im sure alot of people were suprised how well it worked. Or go to Canadian Tire and buy a garden pump sprayer.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just a pump for rv trailer looks like you used lots on the rally just looked at the pics i put my rad on the top box wifes still having problems this winter im putting hers up all so thanks for the pics

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its just a pump for rv trailer looks like you used lots on the rally just looked at the pics i put my rad on the top box wifes still having problems this winter im putting hers up all so thanks for the pics

Have you found any problems with mounting the rad on top? I'm thinking of doing this as well as its a cheap kit for my BF.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not had any problems yet stays cleaner easier to clean it might be a little warmer in the summer as the fan blow on you i dont stop keep wind blowing through the rad all the time

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got the pump thing ron has and it has saved my ars a few times. handy as heck and if you buy the right pump they push alot of volume and can clean alot of rad in a matter of minutes

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week of quadding i had made a pump from a boat bilge pump stopped in the lake and it worked very well

Top Bottom