outlander mods

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just retired the 700 grizz and picked up an 11 outy xt 800 lookin for info on chips, pipes etc that work well together on these things as well as clutch kit am thinkin of runnin 28" outlaws

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skid plates first. If yer going to run 28" Laws....might as well go 29.5. The 28's are real heavy and wide....I think HL even quit making them.

Most slip-on pipes are good for 4-5 hp, but require a proper tuner. The HMF Optimizer or other tuners of this style are not as good as the Power Commander 3 or 5. On the 09 and newer CanAm's you MUST add fuel when running a pipe.

I would buy the parts from the XMR CVT exhaust to add to yours. This is the lowest point where water WILL enter your CVT and the parts are cheap. The engine intake and CVT intake on yours is sufficiently high...but snorkels might be a good plan since you're planning on Outlaw tires....

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes already have the complete snorkel system from the xmr ordered as well as a set of ricochet skid plates i ran them on my grizz and was impressed with the fit/finish but am more wondering if the spine reinforcement still needs to be done to the 11 and if it is worth going to a true dual exhaust ie looney tuned or stay with a slip on and what is this pc5 with auto tune?

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not think the frame mod is necessary anymore with the 2011. I myself would go with a full exhaust system over a slip on but keep in mind the Looney Tune duals are loud, if you care. The PC-5 with auto tune allows you to tune your bike with an O2 sensor and I would recomend going that way. I would talk to the guys at Get-Torqed for their recomendations.

Top Bottom