outlander 1000 rear axle seal

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a leaking rear axle seal on my outlander and I pulled the axle out but unsure how to pull the seal out. It seems really stuck in there and I'm really hoping I don't have to tear the diff apart to remove it so if anyone has replaced this seal I would really appreciate a little help...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a leaking rear axle seal on my outlander and I pulled the axle out but unsure how to pull the seal out. It seems really stuck in there and I'm really hoping I don't have to tear the diff apart to remove it so if anyone has replaced this seal I would really appreciate a little help...
Got any pics?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It probably is under warranty but I called the dealer and they said I have to book it in for them to look at it to even tell me whether or not it is covered. So I figured I would just spend the few dollars on a seal and do it myself

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone here has done it before that way I wouldnt have to put to much time into it

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, you won't have to tear the diff apart. It should just pop out with a screwdriver - shouldn't be that hard if you're not worried about wrecking the old seal.

Top Bottom