Out Of School Suspension

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gee I dunno, 'spose he could sue you for slander, libel, defamation, damages blah blah blah. If he referred to you on Facebook as a sh/ty student I bet you'ld be screaming for his job. Grow up. You choose the behavior - you choose the consequences.
I don't know about that, if you saw how some of these "professional" teachers talk to and treat the students on a regular basis, maybe it's some of the teachers that should be sued. I know because I have a child in elementary school and I'm shocked at what how some of these teachers act, but in our wonderful system where the teacher is protected by their union, regardless of how incompetent they are, it's hard to do anything about it. Just because you make an unflattering comment about a teacher on your facebook or other such site, you are banned from school? Sounds like Nazi Germany.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that, if you saw how some of these "professional" teachers talk to and treat the students on a regular basis, maybe it's some of the teachers that should be sued. I know because I have a child in elementary school and I'm shocked at what how some of these teachers act, but in our wonderful system where the teacher is protected by their union, regardless of how incompetent they are, it's hard to do anything about it. Just because you make an unflattering comment about a teacher on your facebook or other such site, you are banned from school? Sounds like Nazi Germany.

Suspended from school for three days.....
Murder millions of Jews and start a world war.....yup, pretty much the same thing. :rolleyes:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suspended from school for three days.....
Murder millions of Jews and start a world war.....yup, pretty much the same thing. :rolleyes:
Oh get off it. It's hyperbole, so go look in the dictionary if you don't know what that means. The fact is that once you start going down the path of restricting peoples speech in this type of manner, you're starting down a slippery slope. It's one thing if a student tells a teacher in class in front of the other students that they are a Sh*&ty teacher, it's quite another to punish a student that says so out of the classroom. If you think what the EIPS did is okay, people like you are part of the reason we're losing our freedom in this country. You want the government to run your life and tell you how to think and talk, go to China.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh get off it. It's hyperbole, so go look in the dictionary if you don't know what that means. The fact is that once you start going down the path of restricting peoples speech in this type of manner, you're starting down a slippery slope. It's one thing if a student tells a teacher in class in front of the other students that they are a Sh*&ty teacher, it's quite another to punish a student that says so out of the classroom. If you think what the EIPS did is okay, people like you are part of the reason we're losing our freedom in this country. You want the government to run your life and tell you how to think and talk, go to China.

More hyperbole........:rolleyes:

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember when teachers used to hit kids? throw blackboard erasers at them, whip em with a stick?..... just saying

drfat4

Reaction score
I got an O.S.S in grade 10 when a piece of wood slipped out of a kids hand and hit me in the head. 3 stitches later I got a 6 day weekend. Talk about luck!

Long story short, I had fun quading.

So how did you get suspended for getting bonked in the noggen? Is there a rule somewhere that says if somebody hurts you by accident you're getting suspended?

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
remember when teachers used to hit kids? throw blackboard erasers at them, whip em with a stick?..... just saying
Sure do, went to school then. Usually though if that happened we deserved it. There were a few bully teachers that maybe crossed the line, but not too often. In those days however, the school didn't try to control your actions away from the school.

Top Bottom