Ouch2

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's another hardluck story.....
Last weekend I was returning to the cabin from Athabasca along the Athabasca river and drove onto a flowover on the river, it was overcast and getting dark and I just didn't see it. Well as soon as I got on it the sled went side ways and I hit the snow on the other side and rolled over 3 times. I broke my pelvis in 2 places and am black and blue from neck to knees. Thank Christ I had my chest protector on and my helmet fully strapped up. I'm guessing about a thousand dollars damage to the sled, but what really cheeses me off is the 6 weeks recovery time! There better be snow left when I finish healing 'cause I'm already itching to ride.
I count myself lucky tho' it could have been worse, I was only doing roughly 30mph, which is a rarity for me.
The 20 mile ride back to the cabin was a bit painful though. Thank god for percocets and safety equipment :)

Last edited:

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the 2 of us should never ride together(LOL) hope you feel better,
got to love painkillers and ice packs:beer:

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, some crappy luck lately. Sorry to hear this. Hope your heal up fine, and get back at 'er. I will be heading to Saskatchewan for a couple rallies in 12 days, and after hearing these stories, I think I might just take it a little easier if the conditions aren't great. They don't have a lot of snow and the crashes seem to hurt so much more.

Top Bottom