Opinions on 3" 163 track and par 13:1 head

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Hey guys, just lined up a 3" track and 7 tooth drivers for my 13 pro rmk, has anyone ever ran this combo with stock clutching? Was just thinking that the extra track the sled would be pulling would bog the stocker down a little and the head could help balance the loss and keep me in the meat of the power, or does anyone have any clutching recommendations?

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Sorry wrote that a bit funny, lined up a 3" track with 7 tooth drivers and a 13:1 power addiction head

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put the same track just a 156 in my 15, I went with Carl's clutching to make it a little more aggressive. My sled vs my buddy's 13 with the same track and stock clutching my sled is a step above for sure. With that being said his setup is still good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are going to put the head on you might consider a timing advance key and softer springs for the exhaust valve. That will bring the sled to life. Assume you have done a fix kit already?

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
No haven't done a fix kit yet, that's probably next year, I'm interested in the timing key and softer exhaust springs hm though because I don't know how impressed I am with the set up so far, rode super deep in revy and I find that 3" challenger track trenches in the fluff way worse then the stock polaris track, I've never had a pro out of the 3 I've owned when you have at least still 10 mph on a level surface start digging it's self down... The lugs are stiffer then the stock track so I think it would benefit a turbo sled better in the super deep, last year with stock head and stock clutch I was running right on the money at 8250ish and now with the track and 13:1 head I'm running 8100 with 41 mph track speed, so not bad for sure on the track speed, was just hoping for a little more snap put of that head, but I should have serviced my clutch as well, there is a bit of glazing on there and I would start to heat them up and smoke the belt being wide open for so long, are there different timing keys I could get? And would I need a fuel controller for a timing key and a head?

Top Bottom