Only spark on one side?

Sledman67

Reaction score
We have a 2000 RMK 500 and I'm only getting spark on one side and wondering if anyone has suggestions on what it could be? Ran fine last Saturday but only fired up on 1 cylinder today. I've checked the spark plug and it's fine and replaced the cap which didn't do anything so now I'm looking for help.:confused:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stator wires - +/- 20%

y - brn = 0.15 ohm
grn - blk/r = 15 ohm
grn - ground = open
grn - red = 15 ohm
w - w/r = 185 ohm
brn = ground

ignition coil +/- 20%

black - white = o.3 ohm
black - secondary lead = open
plug lead - plug lead = 5K ohm + 10K ohm for caps

blk = black
brn = brown
grn = green
r = red
w = white
y = yellow

hope this helps man

tonykunz

Reaction score
Heavy D, do you ever get tired of repeating that same bit of advice? Like you should just post it in your Sig

Sledman67

Reaction score
looks like it was the secondary ignition coil. Our 05 550 trail has the same coil so I gave it a try and the 500 ran great. Have a replacement on order.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy D, do you ever get tired of repeating that same bit of advice? Like you should just post it in your Sig

cut and paste is my friend, and I'll do it a million times if it gets someone back on the drifts

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am testing a coil for my buddies 98 xlt 600 and am getting the .3 on the black and orange wires and a reading of 5.17 between the black and plug wire terminal. Does the 5.17 indicate the coil is NFG?

Me and electricity do not get along at all....

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am testing a coil for my buddies 98 xlt 600 and am getting the .3 on the black and orange wires and a reading of 5.17 between the black and plug wire terminal. Does the 5.17 indicate the coil is NFG?

Me and electricity do not get along at all....

I don't have the layout for that specific sled, but every other one I have says that you shouldn't read anything between blk and secondary lead........I would say it's hooped

Top Bottom