Okanagan travel

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:realmad: Anybody get the chance to travel into the Okanagan. Vernon to Summerland the road is insane construction and traffic. The government of B.C. should have a bypass around these towns. From Monte Creek to Penticton took 4hrs. No time was ever made on this trip. TOO HOT AND NOBODY WILL GIVE AN INCH!!!! I have to go back next year, But I am not looking toward the trip. :realmad::realmad:

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
hopefully they have the highway finished for you next year you come down.
They have been working on it for a few years now, once they finish one section they start another it never ends?
I guess that why I don't go down south, unless I really have too, kids hockey.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not good news at all. Heading down that way from Salmon Arm to Osoyoos, be one long drive. Anybody help with a different route or better hwys.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
thats not good news at all. Heading down that way from salmon arm to osoyoos, be one long drive. Anybody help with a different route or better hwys.

hey cp.... Head to kamloops and take the coquihala, and then take the connector from merrit to peachland, then south to osoyoos.... Should be way quicker, and its a great drive too... Great views on the connector.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home this morning from two weeks out in BC, Kamloops to Vancouver the highway was awsome and no more toll both on the Coquhalla. The smoke in Kelowna and the slow traffic in the okanogan valley and the constuction will make you pull your hair out.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got back from kelwona and the roads were very fine...but we also left at 4 in the morning so not much traffic

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
This is a pic of the Terrace mtn (westside towards Vernon) fire last week, it double in size this day as you could probably tell. plus it was 38'c in the sun, it got so hot the mushroom cloud went straight up then slowly went north and covered vernon then wind blew south and went into washington.

Attachments

• P7220007.jpg
    P7220007.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 35

kavik

Reaction score
The worst traffic is generally from Penticton to Kelowna. The new bridge has helped with congestion crossing the lake. But there is lots of construction south of Kelowna. Once done it will make to drive quicker. I drove it in the evening so not much for delays. For the most part the traffic in other areas is OK. But in the summer the regions population must double with vacationers.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I know it's a pain in the butt but eventually the roads will be great!! ...... just sayin :beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom