Off limits?

Simmons

Reaction score
Are there any trails near the David Thompson Resort on hywy 11 west of rocky mountain house where the cline river meets Abraham lake? Or is this area off limits? I've got a trail book but I'm unsure. I'm guessing I have to come back east to the Big Horn Dam area.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yes you do. The trails at Bighorn are pretty tame though. If you go across highway and follow right hand ditch to the west there is better riding there. Just follow trail in ditch until it turns N into bush. Do NOT cross the Bighorn river across from the campground, you can get a fine if SRD sees you.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen that trail this year..it looked sooo nice until we seen the sign..'DANGEROUS BEAR IN AREA"..thats all it took for us to get the heck outta there..going again this year..gotta see whats down there..hopefully no bear:eek:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
seen that trail this year..it looked sooo nice until we seen the sign..'DANGEROUS BEAR IN AREA"..thats all it took for us to get the heck outta there..going again this year..gotta see whats down there..hopefully no bear:eek:

We have been on that trail about 6x over the years, have never even seen bear signs there. We have seen bear sign on the Bighorn trails themselves, including wolf tracks once. Gregg, I thought your Grizzly was fast enough to outrun a bear.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i guess i only need to be faster than doreen right..hmmmm:oops::lol2::innocent::plugears::Cla:

Top Bottom