nytro reverse lever siezed?

skotwrok

Reaction score
hi i have an 09 nytro and out of the blue my reverse lever will not budge. ive tried wd40 on the linkage but nothing. any help would be appreciated.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may ahve to open the gear box to check the gears arn't f up but my apex does it once and a while and all I do is get it to jump forward a little and then the gears will line up and it starts to work.

skotwrok

Reaction score
thanks. i put it in the shed with a space heater and thawed the machine and with a little jump forward its working again.

Yamahead

Reaction score
change your gear case oil--use synthetic--I just put rev gear and chain case bearings into my 07apex mountain SE--im also going to be more careful at making sure my sled goes into reverse when I park it warm--hopefully that will help with reverse engagement when is cold--I blame most of it on moisture in chain case and rev gears grinding--then the metal contamination did the rest--

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skotwork, on the Nytro's the bolt holding the bottom gear in the chain case often and frequently breaks causing a stuck reverse lever. Slight move forward can help but check the bolt when changing your oil and replace if broken as it can grind a hole in your chaincase.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use a 10mm wrench and disconnect the linkage from the handle to the gear box.
Then operate the gear box reverse lever with your fingers, you will most likely find its ok. Then operate the handle with it disconnected from box, most problem's are found in the handle mechanism. If both are smooth it will be a link adjustment problem, 90% of reverse problems on these machine's are a simple linkage adjustment.
If the link is too long it will bind and the handle will be very difficult to move. If its too short it will fall out of reverse easily when backing or won't go into reverse.

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending how cold it is the lever will freeze up when it sits. I find once the machine is run for a bit it thaws. It is a known problem with these. It's not the chain case but the linkage that freezes.

Top Bottom