Nytro Oil Tank Cracking/Leaking

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Cracking at the base of the Nytro tank seems to be a common occurrence. I have had success with sanding/roughing up the surface and using a epoxy compound to fix the tank. Some others have had shops weld the tank. This i dont recommend as it is dangerous and the metal is so thin. New tank at dealership is 286.00 and its the same pop can metal faulty tank. The only aftermarket tank i have found at this time is the OFT Racing tank which i had installed in a recent build. Tank retails for 249.00. Tanks is made of aluminum tanks are tig welded and is a direct replacement.

TS Fabrication HD Oil Tank : OFT Racing, Over the Top Sled Parts

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These tanks are made by dave at redline performance in sylvan lake. Believe e&s stock them.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many mile/km is that happening?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many mile/km is that happening?

Seems to be at all kinds mileage. either the base of the tank cracks or the mounting flange(s)
I have 5700km on my Tnytro now, i have read others that had a couple thousand. Not sure what the cause is... vibration or impact.

Rufer19

Reaction score
This might sound a little redneck but I've done two now successful. Just JB weld it. Seems to work pretty good. Use lots of brake clean to get all the oil off the area and gob it on. After that fails then its time for a TS Fab tank.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I've had mine welded twice with no problems and then my tabs broke off I welded them to find there was a crack in the drain plug. found an awesome tank, very well built out at a dealer in Sullivan lake. Its way better built than the yamaha one. Cheaper too. I will check and post later.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 5000km on my MCX Apex and the oil tank has started leaking. Do they make tanks for the Apex?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MPI makes an oil tank as part of their super charger kits for the Apex.

Although I have just cracked the lower mounting flange off of my MPI tank. I've got over 7k on my apex and close to 2k with the charger on. But I think the flange crack is from throwing my sled on it's side and the plastic side panel is pushing against the oil tank. This happens on both sides of my sled, my clutches are rubbing on my side panel when I drop it on the other side. I guess I need some bracing to support my side panels.

Or just find a used Apex oil tank...should be lots around....good for another 5k.

1972bone

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of where the Crack is and a repair. I think mine might be cracked because it developed a leak under the oil tank. Planning to pull and repair it this weekend.
Thanks.

K-rok

Reaction score
My nytro had 900 Kms on it when my oil tank crapped out. Bottom flange cracked, yes I tried the "JB weld" fix as well but that only lasted on ride. Then half the flange cracked open just after I warmed up the machine and it puked out ALL the oil! Luckily I was only 30 feet from my truck. Picked up a new aftermarket tank from Dave at REDLINE and have had zero issues since.

Top Bottom