North & South Dore

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Does anybody have any info on it. Thinking about trying one of them out for Saturday. Heard some have been in there.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
re: North & South Dore

You will need a giude into the area. Talk to bbtoys.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
You will need a giude into the area. Talk to bbtoys.

bbtoys doesn't go in there - he doesn't like the avalanche risk. Search and Rescue is not even allowed to do rescues in that area. If you want to ride the Dore, you will definitely need to go with someone that is familiar with that area. DO NOT go on your own.

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Thanks guys...still up in the air. We hear that its good but also hear its not yet time unless you experienced in the area. Time will tell....here are some pics from today tho. Rode Renshaw....went into some untouched areas...guess I could of posted this in Febuary conditions...

Attachments

• DSCF1899.jpg
    DSCF1899.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF1905.jpg
    DSCF1905.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF1907.jpg
    DSCF1907.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 158

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs snow in S Dore....about 12 guys in there last weekend and they tore the crap out of it including the chutes to the right of the glacier. Not snow like Rensaw, Dore is way low, also rode horsey..snow was better there. Trail up the Dore river is open to go to any of the Dores.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ABS packs and balls to get in, if you dont know where to go i would`nt go in, but once your in its wicked.

we were the 14 guys that kicked the chit out of it 2 weeks ago.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my cousin that led you in there, nice ride but can be a little dicey depending on depth of snow and slide conditions cause like it on not you have to cross slides when you go to Dore. Watched 4 slides come down when I was there during MM09 weekend.:eek:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is your cousin Todd

And your buddy Kevin who's dad is Dwayne is also my cousin, and I played hockey with your dad when they were building ALPAC...Boyle Blazers....small world eh?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to play on the boyle blazers. My dad works at ALPAC.

rbaudin

Reaction score
looking down at the glacier south D

Attachments

• DSC01063.jpg
    DSC01063.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 117

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only way any one knows ur a girl is when you go smokin by them and they see the pony tail, or when you get stuck in a tree well lol sry

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went into the north dore last weekend. The snow was well set up, maybe 6 " of fresh snow. While we were in the meadows at dore we hear an Avy come down. Didn`t see it but we think it was on the other side of the meadows. We seen where one chute came down and rode up the other side of the valley about 100 ft. It pushed tree down facing up hill and some trees broke off about 4-5 inches round.

Top Bottom