No preload on the RK TEC secondary???????

turbocat

Reaction score
Why do I not have any preload on the spring past the center hole?I have to force the spring open to use any of the right holes. Whats the point of that???

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do I not have any preload on the spring past the center hole?I have to force the spring open to use any of the right holes. Whats the point of that???

That is because you havn't put enought initial preload on it to begin with.

turbocat

Reaction score
Ok I'm willing to listen any info would be great. I'm pretty shure I followed the directions properly a little hard to understand!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm willing to listen any info would be great. I'm pretty shure I followed the directions properly a little hard to understand!

Ok I have the same problem. thought that I done someting wrong. instructions are that user friendly. I wound the preload to the next slot and the damn thing would take out belts, runnin' way to hot. Backed it off and rinnin' in middle hole. still not convicinced that the setup is right. Clutch wines like a bugger. sounds like the whine of a turbo, (cool) actualy not cool, still worried about belt life. will let Glen check it out this week end.

turbocat

Reaction score
Well in the center hole I dont burn belts but it takes off lower in the clutch because of no starting pressure.If i put the spring in the other hole in the cap i have so much pressure it takes 2 people to open the clutch! I need help in so many ways!!!!!!!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how i have my kit set-up on my M1000 . In this the looseest setting in this row of holes it still has preload on it .. It seems to work really well for me and havn't blown a belt yet.

Attachments

• 100_1036.jpg
    100_1036.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 74

turbocat

Reaction score
Why do i have to force the spring the wrong way to get it in that hole?when the spring is relaxed it sits in the middle hole. Is the hole that I drilled in the secondary in the wrong spot? Or can I simply rotate the head to get initial preload?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are supposed to install the helix so that the hole you drilled is inline with the marked line on the helix. Then you install the helix and then install the spring inside the helix and then set the cover on the spring. Then turn the cover about 1/3 of a turn to pre-load it. There should be no load what so ever when you set the cap onto the spring because you wont have any screws in the cover yet.

RK Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.2strokeheads.com
Actually glengine has the spring's ear inthe the wrong hole. It stillworks fine there. but it changes the pre-load settings.. The Upper spring ear should be inthe the OTHER hole to the left ,next to the adjustment tool's "non through" hole..

As for the other issues.. not sure.. It almost sounds like youhave the spring wound backwards.. there are pics on my website in the instructions.. They may help..

turbocat

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got it figured out.Had to turn the cap more before putting the screws in!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually glengine has the spring's ear inthe the wrong hole. It stillworks fine there. but it changes the pre-load settings.. The Upper spring ear should be inthe the OTHER hole to the left ,next to the adjustment tool's "non through" hole..

As for the other issues.. not sure.. It almost sounds like youhave the spring wound backwards.. there are pics on my website in the instructions.. They may help..

That is what I figured. I got mine like you said now and hope that it will solve my belt blowing issues. Using the hole that Glen is using and the slot position that he is using I had to over preload the spring, ( preload to the next slot) waqy too much preload. I have to admit it back shifyt like a MFO but damn was it hard on belts. RK a little more details in you instruction a definate must. Bye the way, Why the other whole in the cap? Going to check out the set up this weekend in the mountains, the jury is still out. If she backshifts and don't blow belts, RFO, if she still blows belts back to OEM. Sorry RK that's the way it will be unless you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I figured. I got mine like you said now and hope that it will solve my belt blowing issues. Using the hole that Glen is using and the slot position that he is using I had to over preload the spring, ( preload to the next slot) waqy too much preload. I have to admit it back shifyt like a MFO but damn was it hard on belts. RK a little more details in you instruction a definate must. Bye the way, Why the other whole in the cap? Going to check out the set up this weekend in the mountains, the jury is still out. If she backshifts and don't blow belts, RFO, if she still blows belts back to OEM. Sorry RK that's the way it will be unless you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

I also had issues with my RKT secondary. Finally threw it on the back shelf & put ovs secondary on. Works very well.

Top Bottom