no power

sks1

Reaction score
I have a1998 powder special efi 600 and it keeps fowling plugs .It has no top end and no power even with new plugs.It only gets about 7000rpm and bogs.No power out of the hole or top end cant figure it out. If anyone has run into this problem please let me know.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I had the same problem with my 98 powder special ( but mine was carb - Not EFI) - I assume you are talking about carb version of the PS 600. If so - I dropped the needle in the carb one position and it made a huge differenece on bog and midrange and top end throttle. Also when the weather was warm it was very boggy after you shut the engine off and sat for a few minutes. I bought a D&D power breather to help the cat breathe and let the hot air escape the air box or keep the hood up while the engien is shut off . The D&D power breather worked well. If you drop the needle make sure you check you plugs often.until you get a handle on where you are with respect to your jetting. Also the PS 600 in 1998 had issues with the thottle safety switch . This is the same mechanism that stops you machine from running when you ice up your throttle cable. Mine had the factory update and still the only solution was to bypass the throttle safety mirco switch ( not the the kill switch button) . It is a frustrating problem because the sled runs but very poorly and fouls alot of plugs because of intermittant spark. Try the throttle safety switch issue first before you drop the needle. PM me and I a can explain more if any of this make sense.

:d

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your's is an efi also check the resistances of your stator.. These sleds had alot of issues with stators. When the stators were built they didn't get enough insulation material put on the windings so alot of the stators got cooked.. You can get the stators rewound by a company in sask i beleive.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle washers.
Throttle position safety sensor.
Injector relay (EFI).

Top Bottom