Nicasil / Cylinder repair... Advice wanted asap!!!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tore apart my brothers '02 ZL600 efi today. Lost compression last ride, Mag side shot. Detination or maybe a ring failure. Looks as though the pin (that keeps the ring in place) on the back side of the piston may have let go and caused the ring to rotate and eventually catch the exhaust ports? The ports are pretty beat up?

The sled has 5100 miles on it, about 8200 km, well over due for a topend kit, and ironically we had discussed doing a top end on it as we drove up to the staging area the day it calved. He blames me for cursing it :):)

If any of you with experience in this sort of diagnosis can give some input that would be great.

More importantly... I need to know if this jug can be repaired? Who in the Edmonton area can renicasil and repair if possible? Hope the pics are good enough to get an idea of the damage.

Anybody have a nice jug for sale? 2002 AC 600 efi VEV :beer:

Attachments

• 2009_0204jugbad0001.jpg
    2009_0204jugbad0001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 2009_0204jugbad0003.jpg
    2009_0204jugbad0003.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 2009_0204jugbad0004.jpg
    2009_0204jugbad0004.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 50

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty did you put a call into Mongoose in Bc to see what the cost would be? Another option is the cylinder exchange with Millennium Technologies in MB 204-895-1727. Keep us posted.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotty did you put a call into Mongoose in Bc to see what the cost would be? Another option is the cylinder exchange with Millennium Technologies in MB 204-895-1727. Keep us posted.

Haggis... thx for the info, I was hoping to deal with someone local, if not I will check out your options :):beer::)

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact tom @ mots performance in st. Albert........

Summitric, Funny, my brother lives in St.Albert, Granden area. I just called him to tell him about your info. Thanks. I also told him if he was a member on S&M I would'nt have to waste all this time relaying messages via email or phone.

He will call Mots in the am. I searched Mots Performance and did'nt come up with much? Maybe no website for them? Have a phone number I can pass on to my Bro?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't find one you can give me a call. I do alot of exchange cyl's here. Can get most cyl's in a couple of days and I just do an exchange right over the front counter. I can get pistons and gaskets etc, at a good price. Extreme Machines, 403.748.2219

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
PM Sent Scotty.
Summitric, Funny, my brother lives in St.Albert, Granden area. I just called him to tell him about your info. Thanks. I also told him if he was a member on S&M I would'nt have to waste all this time relaying messages via email or phone.

He will call Mots in the am. I searched Mots Performance and did'nt come up with much? Maybe no website for them? Have a phone number I can pass on to my Bro?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
summitric, funny, my brother lives in st.albert, granden area. I just called him to tell him about your info. Thanks. I also told him if he was a member on s&m i would'nt have to waste all this time relaying messages via email or phone.

He will call mots in the am. I searched mots performance and did'nt come up with much? Maybe no website for them? Have a phone number i can pass on to my bro?

mot's performance: 780-458-2907

Top Bottom