Newbie and need some help

skor

Reaction score
I bought my first quad on thursday and headed quadding friday for the first time. The experience was amazing ! but i did run into one problem and was wondering if anyone here can help me.

I bought a 2003 yamaha kodiak 450. When after of about 2 hours of riding, I was going uphill when i smelled something burning and saw smoke coming out from the front. I stopped the quad got off and looked in between the wheels and saw LOTS of green liquid everywhere. Ifigured I ruptured a hose and coolant started leaking. I looked at the collant reservoir (by left foot peg) and it was now empty. I added water and everything seemed OK again. It didnt look like it was leaking anymore.

Today I took the front rack and top plastic to see what might have happened. I found these 3 hoses right under the steering wheel (under the box that tells you the speed etc) I ran around the bike to get it hot enough and then I was that one of these hoses was leaking coolant (green liquid, might be something else but i dont know)

My questions...

1. Is this leaking hose normal?
2. What are these 3 hoses for?
3. Is it possible that when I lost all the coolant was due to heat and pressure build up and threw all the coolan from these hoses?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but im new and not familiar at all with the mechanics of a quad.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 73
Top Bottom