New Yamaha turbo

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heard from a friend that someone is making a turbo for the nytros that doesnt have alot of boost. Making it for the riders that just want some more but not overboard. 180 HP- 200HP. No engine mods or headspacers needed. Does any of you Turbo guys know of such a turbo package? Friend interested

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What happened to Sledderglen staying stock...got the bug after Thunderstruck movie didn't you???
Heard from a friend that someone is making a turbo for the nytros that doesnt have alot of boost. Making it for the riders that just want some more but not overboard. 180 HP- 200HP. No engine mods or headspacers needed. Does any of you Turbo guys know of such a turbo package? Friend interested

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there such a product like this for the Apex? Something that would come as a kit that would not need a bunch of engine mods. Would like a little more but not the big install and price tag...

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks Climbmax my friend wants some more from his Nytro but doesn`t want to go all out. Like you Tabneil not all riders want to climb the steep.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never said i didn't want to climb.... just go where I'm going now with less shovelling

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
You could really take almost any turbo kit and set it up this way. I run Alpine turbo kits...mainly because they are in Canada and there service is excellent, but they could set up a system with a 25 series turbo that would run low boost levels. You would have to tell your friend to keep his hands off the boost controller though.lol. You could set it up without a boost controller, but then boost could only be adjusted on the waste gate rod. I can get you contact info if you like.
NM

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could really take almost any turbo kit and set it up this way. I run Alpine turbo kits...mainly because they are in Canada and there service is excellent, but they could set up a system with a 25 series turbo that would run low boost levels. You would have to tell your friend to keep his hands off the boost controller though.lol. You could set it up without a boost controller, but then boost could only be adjusted on the waste gate rod. I can get you contact info if you like.
NM

Thanks Neil.... That would be great... the more 411 the better. I'm a newbie when it comes to boost.... just checking out options... Thanks again

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lightning1000 on this site had a Northwest turbo on His Nytro last year. I think he was pretty happy with it. I know Whitecourt Yamaha will be ordering a few of these kit as they are around 4200.00 instead of 7200.00 and 5 hours to install vs. 16-20 hours. They still are ordering MCX as well. Alittle cheaper for the consumer as not everyone can afford 25000 dollar turbo sled but they would pay for one that is 18000 ready to go. I think 8 psi around 200HP with no headshim. I am told they also are getting a bigger gas tank that comes with the kit made by trail tank. Not sure how much fuel it holds though.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lightning1000 on this site had a Northwest turbo on His Nytro last year. I think he was pretty happy with it. I know Whitecourt Yamaha will be ordering a few of these kit as they are around 4200.00 instead of 7200.00 and 5 hours to install vs. 16-20 hours. They still are ordering MCX as well. Alittle cheaper for the consumer as not everyone can afford 25000 dollar turbo sled but they would pay for one that is 18000 ready to go. I think 8 psi around 200HP with no headshim. I am told they also are getting a bigger gas tank that comes with the kit made by trail tank. Not sure how much fuel it holds though.

Is that $4,200 installed?

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Randy - any idea on the price of this kit in the US? Thanks.

sorry not for sure. I know one guy who ran one in the kootenays, and in this application (relatively inexpensive, easy to install, removable, modest hp) it is a good alternative to get some boost.
But if I remember it is in the 4500 range plus install is easy as it runs a stock motor without any internal alterations. Seems as though someone with basic mechanics could install it at home.

RS

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that $4,200 installed?

No, but I think it is only like 6 hours to install. Probably around 5000.00 installed. Almost half of the MCX installed. You would have to phone them to get the exact pricing and get more info.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an email back from Jeb at North west turbos - the price on this turbo is not set yet as they are adding an oversized fuel tank. Install would appear to be not too difficult and they are available to talk through if needed. Hopefully we will have direct purchase pricing soon.

Top Bottom