New UTV...520hp and exempt from UTV ban

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man, electric semi trucks AND sxs's? What an interesting company, and both a literally coming out of thin air here. I got a kick out of the part about no belts, you can tell someone with some money that likes driving these things is behind this company.

BUT, that truck actually makes a lot of sense to me. Isn't that a similar setup to locomotives? Turbine to charge batteries, but electric powertrain? These guys have done some serious thinking about it.

At any rate, I'll believe it all when I see it. Computer rendered drawings and a fancy website are easy to do...

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The UTV is very cool but that semi is what i was most impressed with. I have thought for awhile that electric drives coupled with a fuel efficient diesel or turbine for generation would be a great setup.

Going to be years before we see a setup like this with no bugs but i can see pickups going that route eventually.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they already have the big electric trucks in the US made by the guy that started tesla motors,watched a show on tv and the electric truck out performed the diesel, it has a 1.3 turbo engine just for the generator and uses about an 1/8 of what a regular truck would use.i would say that in 15-20 years all of california cars will be electric,we just got back from california last week and drove around for 2 days and the number of electric cars is amazing.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to hook that truck to a loaded up 40 wheeler and see what she's got through the peace river valley. six wheel drive too, betcha she'd be good in the hills. electric winch would be interesting

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wonder how quite they are ?
weight would be a concern + they dont discuss operating temperature and or how that effects battery life

Top Bottom