New truck finally

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after three months of searching for a truck, I finally got the one I wanted. I was looking for a 06 or newer Dodge Ram Mega Cab. So after searching kijiji, auto trader, ebay and whatever other site I could find I finally went back to the first truck I drove. It is an 06 Ram Mega Cab full load, with sunroof, dvd, power sliding rear window, leather and the 5 seater with the big console. It also comes with 160,000 km warranty on the powertrain. I drove to Edmonton to Moose Jaw to BC looking at trucks So it is nice to stop looking and spend more time on this site. Thanks to all for the help on the 5.9l or the 6.7l, for the tranny suggestions and especially to a few members who went to a dealer in Stoney Plain for me. Thank you all. I would post pics but picking it up tomorrow on my way home from working in Fernie. Thanks Mark:d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well after three months of searching for a truck, I finally got the one I wanted. I was looking for a 06 or newer Dodge Ram Mega Cab. So after searching kijiji, auto trader, ebay and whatever other site I could find I finally went back to the first truck I drove. It is an 06 Ram Mega Cab full load, with sunroof, dvd, power sliding rear window, leather and the 5 seater with the big console. It also comes with 160,000 km warranty on the powertrain. I drove to Edmonton to Moose Jaw to BC looking at trucks So it is nice to stop looking and spend more time on this site. Thanks to all for the help on the 5.9l or the 6.7l, for the tranny suggestions and especially to a few members who went to a dealer in Stoney Plain for me. Thank you all. I would post pics but picking it up tomorrow on my way home from working in Fernie. Thanks Mark:d

enjoy it buddy............
t

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was sure nice to drive today. Way more power than I have had before, nice smooth steering and tranny shifting. It was unusual to see a feul gauge not move driving from Lethbridge to Med Hat. So time will tell and we will see what the long term prognosis is.:d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
well after three months of searching for a truck, i finally got the one i wanted. I was looking for a 06 or newer dodge ram mega cab. So after searching kijiji, auto trader, ebay and whatever other site i could find i finally went back to the first truck i drove. It is an 06 ram mega cab full load, with sunroof, dvd, power sliding rear window, leather and the 5 seater with the big console. It also comes with 160,000 km warranty on the powertrain. I drove to edmonton to moose jaw to bc looking at trucks so it is nice to stop looking and spend more time on this site. Thanks to all for the help on the 5.9l or the 6.7l, for the tranny suggestions and especially to a few members who went to a dealer in stoney plain for me. Thank you all. I would post pics but picking it up tomorrow on my way home from working in fernie. Thanks mark:d

you'll enjoy it, i sure like my '06 diesel 3500 megacab....i only have 68000kms though, so good to see 160000 and still drives good! Lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll enjoy it, i sure like my '06 diesel 3500 megacab....i only have 68000kms though, so good to see 160000 and still drives good! Lol

As long as you've got coin to drop to replace the front end it will drive good. My 04 lasted until 130,000km, now my front end is going. I imagine within the next 20,000km I will have to replace absolutely everything. Though I think he said 160k warranty, not that that was the mileage.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
just buy the recall steering linkage cyle
way stronger than the older stuff and cheaper as well

comes with

left inner and outer tirod end
right inner and outer tirod end
new pitman arm
new steering stabelizer and mounting bracket

its all mopar stuff so ure dealer has it in stock

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just buy the recall steering linkage cyle
way stronger than the older stuff and cheaper as well

comes with

left inner and outer tirod end
right inner and outer tirod end
new pitman arm
new steering stabelizer and mounting bracket

its all mopar stuff so ure dealer has it in stock

Not a chance, the last upgraded stuff was recalled, and my aftermarket stuff i'd have to buy new stuff for because of my lift. I like to keep my money away from crook dealers as much as I can. I already have a good dual steering stabilizer. The tie rod boot just ripped, I am hoping I can just patch it up :d

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this n that 080.jpg

this n that 083.jpg

Here ar a couple pics. Finally got some then had no internet, for what seemed like forever.:d

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speaking of front end...my 03 dually has finaly tossed the towel in when it comes to the front end. all u-joints and one tie-rod is pooched...oh well there goes $1500 for a new front end...:(

got 160,000 out of her before she needed it though so i cant complain too much i suppose

Top Bottom