new to snowmobiling

dirtguy76

Reaction score
I bought a couple older sleds which one is a 97 skidoo summit 670. I'm having troubles starting, Its a pain in the ass to start but if i get it started it runs perfect.. Part of the problem is it seems to flood real easy when priming if I do 2 primes it seems to not flood is anyone familiar with these sleds and reccomend how many times it should be primed or have any ideas on what to check

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when it's cold, no more than 3 shots on the primer. I used to give it three squirts, and pull the plunger out and pull the rope. it usually fired up first pull, then use the primer to keep it from stalling....:D

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It takes a bit of getting used to but you can feel when the primer is pumping fuel vs not pumping fuel. You may have to pump it a few (or more) times before you feel the fuel going through. At that point, like teeroy says no more than 3 pumps and be ready to give it a shot or two to keep running while warming up. And, be sure to let the sled warm up before blasting off at WOT. This can be hard on an engine. Have fun!

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your needle seats to,could be wore out ,and as the sled sits it slowly lets fuel into the cyl.carbs could need a rebuil.just a thought

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Like the other guys have mentioned no more than 3 pumps, more a by feel thing the Summit we had was 2 pumps and then a half pump when ever it would start to stumble until it was warmed up. If I remember correctly, I'm sure someone like Teeroy can pipe in here as well, do not shut it off if the sled is sitting on a slope. It'll flood and be a real pain to start again.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when it's cold, no more than 3 shots on the primer. I used to give it three squirts, and pull the plunger out and pull the rope. it usually fired up first pull, then use the primer to keep it from stalling....:D

X 2. Exact starting instructions for my old '98 X - worked ever time when cold. After being upside down - different instructions involving ALOT of pulling.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X 2. Exact starting instructions for my old '98 X - worked ever time when cold. After being upside down - different instructions involving ALOT of pulling.

And occasionally pulling off the pipe to pour out the fuel and open flame in the plug holes...:d:d:d:d

Top Bottom