New rider - Calgary Area

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Figured I'd introduce myself. Been scouting this forum for the last little while and just joined the snowmobile community, looking forward to the season.
I bought a new Arctic Cat 800 with hopes of it being a great hobby. Not new to calgary, but new to this sport. My buddy and I were
suppose to ride this year, but he doesn't think he will have a working sled this season. If anyone has tips for a newb or would like a tag along, feel free to drop me a PM. Looking forward to a few meet and greets.

Thanks for reading,

Nathan

IMG_1050.jpg

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your best bet is to join the snowmobile club. They do about 8 weekend rides which are good for all skill levels. You will meet people there you can sled with on non-club rides

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in Calgary also, fairly new only been here for 1 year. I found people to ride with failry easily on this website. There's always people looking for a person!

I'd suggest to take an AST1 avalanche course from Zacs tracs (google it) before even going to the mountains. They'll give you a good idea on what to get for equipment and give you some very good avalanche awareness.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud and the best addiction you could ask for. :beer: :D I ride just about every weekend and have a solid crew of awesome guys that were willing to take me as a newb 2 seasons ago. Feel free to contact me and we can meet up.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to snow and mud and the best addiction you could ask for. :beer: :D I ride just about every weekend and have a solid crew of awesome guys that were willing to take me as a newb 2 seasons ago. Feel free to contact me and we can meet up.

Does that go for the rest of us?:gathering::gathering::gathering::gathering::friends::friends::friends::friends::drink4::drink4::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, there is lots of good information here.

Take an avalanche course!

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are looking, send me a pm. I have December 10 straight to january 8 off this year, gonna need someone to ride golden and radium with as my crew most likely doesnt have this much time off.

Top Bottom