dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
I like the idea of one piece.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a mechanic from snowmobile rental shop that sleds with extra brace have damage to tunnel more often. Sled are design to come apart at a-arms so that that is only damage. Put brace on and you could end up with a bulge in side of tunnel. Its like new car that fold up in the front when they get hit. it take most of impact to save rest of car.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ thats my experience. You take a big hit its an insurance claim no matter what. However the brace can save the day of riding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told by a mechanic from snowmobile rental shop that sleds with extra brace have damage to tunnel more often. Sled are design to come apart at a-arms so that that is only damage. Put brace on and you could end up with a bulge in side of tunnel. Its like new car that fold up in the front when they get hit. it take most of impact to save rest of car.

This ^^ even the new skidoo spindle is designed to fail first now no sense bracing

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ^^ even the new skidoo spindle is designed to fail first now no sense bracing
I'd brace anyways to make sure the spindle goes and not the module.

Problem is still the strength of the control arms being higher than everything behind it. They need to address this IMO. Rather spend an hr changing an arm or two than 8 doing a module or beating a tunnel back straight.

Dhuey92

Reaction score

The S-module is weaker then the a-arms, so the S-module will fail first, the point of these braces is so the a-arms fail first. I had these braces on my XP and when I hit a rock I broke the lower a-arm in half with no damage anywhere else. This brace doesn't strengthen the a-arms themselves, just there mounting points.

There is differing opinions on wether to use the braces or not, I prefer to use them. To each his own.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A big hit is still going to be an insurance claim but a small hit limits it to an A-arm not an S-module. I know which one I would rather change.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what vendors will be selling this new version at the Edmonton show?

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy these for a decent price? They can be ordered from the US but with shipping and exchange............ The price climbs quick.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My local Doo dealer had them in stock along with the lame Doo one, grip n rip Wasn't that cheap but

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamadabadoo

Reaction score
Anybody else know who is selling them in the edmonton area? Most of the shops Ive talked to either don't know what they are, or don't carry them.

Top Bottom