New and got some question

Cumminscowboy

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im new to the forums and been sleddin for only 1 winter. I got a 09 arctic cat M8 and have done most my ridin in and around Bruderheim, AB and buddys quarter sections. I know bout questions that seem to be beaten to death with new guys on other forumsbut hopefully this aint a tender topic. I guess my first question is bout any common problems the cat M8s got? I already found out the hard way bout my cummins engine block, hence the massive rebuild. But anyway any common issues with this sled that should be taken care of ASAP? Id like to start addin a few mods but I do know that most if not all mods may end the warranty which is why I ask bout any common problems. I wanna do just minor things like intake reeds, a can, lighter hood/panels. Nothin major just yet. Any other easy things I can do that will benefit me? I was gonna straight pipe it but was told that if I do that Ill pop the engine. Havent dealt with too much 2-stroke performance if any at all. Im goin to Valemount with a buddy of mine here this weekend and Im gonna see how this thing performs in the mountains. Any input would be great as Im new to this! Thanks in advance. :hi:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SHE WILL RUN GOOD ENOUGH OUT THE BOX. Go with a can for now.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup drop a can in er MBRP for weight loss and decent sound maybe a horse or two but not much more in increase. Some rock rollers perhaps but nothing major if your flat landing with it!

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your sled has way more power than required as is to get you in trouble, as mentioned above get a can and ride with some experienced mountain riders. Next year you will have a way better idea of what you need.

Cumminscowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. What are rock rollers? As mentioned above. Id like to get to the mountains more and Im goin this weekend with a buddy of mine thats been ridin for a few years in the mountains and 1 of his buddies. End of this month theres bout 8 of us goin and most of them are mountain knowledgable so that should help out! I was also thinkin bout wider skies cause I was told they have more "floatation". Dont know if their lighter or not though!

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first thing you should get is safety equipment. Beacon, probe, shovel, etc. An avalanche course is a great way to learn how to use it. Lots to learn before you need more power, all in good time.:rules:
As far as problems with the M8, not many. Great sled, you'll have a blast..:d:d:d

Top Bottom