Need help fine tuning!

maxwillie

Reaction score
Problem: sled pulls hard, great mid range but hits 8000ish and hits the rev limiter, unable to get to the 8250. I would like to use the same set up i have on now.
08 xp 800
860 bb by linderman (set up by someone else)
dynoport y and pipe
stock primary with 415 ramps, bl/bl spring, small rollers and large pin (all new parts) set on clicker #1
team secondary not adjusted (tried both settings,a little better on a lower helix setting)
2-2" air holes- in the intake
jets 520's, no pin or shim adjustments
factory gearing

After new parts in the primary and adjusting the helix the secondary neither one seemed to help with the problem.

If any one running the same set up has some ideas where I could go next would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try a higher clicker to see if it's clutching. If it is add some finish pressure or reduce pin weight. I have no idea on the jetting though.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem: sled pulls hard, great mid range but hits 8000ish and govens out, unable to get to the 8250. I would like to use the same equiptment i have on now.

What do you mean by governs out? Engine doesn't pull any more or is stuttering like on the rev limiter.

08 xp 800
860 bb by linderman (set up by someone elce)
dynoport y and pipe What muffler???
stock primary with 815 ramps, bl/bl spring, small rollers and large pin (all new parts) set on clicker #1 I am guessing you mean 415 ramps!!
team secondary not adjusted (tried both settings,a little better on a lower helix setting)
2-2" air holes- in the intake
jets 520's, no pin or shim adjustments
factory gearing

After new parts in the primary and adjusting the helix the secondary neither one seemed to help with the problem.

If any one running the same equiptment has some ideas where I could go next would be greatly appreciated!!

What is the compression?? What elevation?? Have you talked to the builder?? I think you will need some more fuel added to the mid range (20 to 30 thou shim under stock needle) Need some more info.

maxwillie

Reaction score
yep 415 ramps
mbrp can
hits the rev limiter
13:1 compression
I did talk to brent linderman, great guy. They set there sleds up close to the same(now that I made the clutch changes) but use a stock secondary and shock wave helix. I would like to keep the team secondary if possible.
3500 - 7000 feet. same results.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are the rave valves still in there stock condition as far as being vac operated?? When you say small rollers what are you reffering to the primary rollers?? To me it sounds like your shifting out way to fast either not enough gear,weight,helix or springs. Call me 780 986 6370

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Top Bottom