NE AB Sucks for Winter

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay Am I the only one that thinks this winter stinks, Middle of November and no snow, they are calling for Plus 8C on Wed!!!!. I swear we get some of the coldest weather in Canada outside the tundra and we don't even get good amounts of snow to go along with it!! Well maybe by the 1st week of March there is enough to get some good rides in.

Sorry I'm just feed Up!!:rant:

Looking for a transfer west

depthcharger

Reaction score
Okay Am I the only one that thinks this winter stinks, Middle of November and no snow, they are calling for Plus 8C on Wed!!!!. I swear we get some of the coldest weather in Canada outside the tundra and we don't even get good amounts of snow to go along with it!! Well maybe by the 1st week of March there is enough to get some good rides in.

Sorry I'm just feed Up!!:rant:

Looking for a transfer west

yup...agree with you, frustrating at times for sure.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have a better chance for snow in your area by heading EAST. Ya I know Sask but they do get some decient snow. No mountains but ridable snow for sure.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya tell me about it 8 hours east or 8 hours west. I think I will be planning a trip very soon (definitly west) its just a bit of a pain in the A#$ trying to justify the cost of this glorious sport to the minister of finance (Wife) when you only get 5-8 days of serious riding in a year

. I have heard it can be pretty good riding up around Tobin Lake, anyone ever been out there?

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're normally happy to have rideable snow before Christmas here. There's lots of great trails, lakes, and bushland in NE, and we've just come thru two awesome snowfall winters.
Hope this one is even better.
Ride Safe.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're normally happy to have rideable snow before Christmas here. There's lots of great trails, lakes, and bushland in NE, and we've just come thru two awesome snowfall winters.
Hope this one is even better.
Ride Safe.

Yea I know I was just getting a little frustrated seeing all that snow out west and suntanning weather here in November. :) I jumped in the truck 2 weeks ago and made the treck to Valemount to get it out of my system so I should be good till Christmas and hopefully by then we can hit the fields and cutlines.

Cheers and good riding:beer:

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 days of -35C is at least good for ice safety. Now comes the moderation, and we all hope some good local snow.
Bring It On!

Did McBride a couple of weeks ago was deep. We did the same as you; needed a seasonal fix.
Think Snow.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
almost agree:
sledding sucks when there's not enough snow.

Still had a couple of "fair" rides out here. A bit of scratch'n'grind but it still beats a boring day on the beach (except for the bikini's, maybee).

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's turned quadding season in Alberta's Lakeland!
(gotta agree: baaad snow season here, this one)

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless of course you own an ATV. There's a lot of winter quadding that goes on: with or without snow.
Let it snow. I still love sledding best!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not lookin too promising yet.. Hopefully january it will smarten up a bit.. Merry christmas to u too!

Sent from a phone likely at work

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed! Worst conditions Ive seen in a long time!
This weather makes me depressed...the only seat time Ive been getting is sitting on the sled in the garage!
I really hope it dumps come Jan and Feb other wise it will be a very expensive season heading to the hills every month lol
Merry Christmas to you all!!

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup lol but if thats what it takes im all over it lol

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone is whining about, didn't really snow here till January last year. Usually get first local ride at or after christmas.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone is whining about, didn't really snow here till January last year. Usually get first local ride at or after christmas.

We were spoiled last year tho lol we got about a foot around I think the 10th of december around bonnyville an it kept snowing till it warmed up in january

Top Bottom