Mystery lake

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
South of Hinton. We have GPS co-ordinates but have never been there. Found it on the coal branch map. Any one been lately? what are the trails like? We were told that most people camp in a large gravel pit close to the main trailhead. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old mill site just off the highway is a better place to camp.

Fourteen machines from the 1st annual Snow and Mud campout tried going to Mystery Lake; only three of us made it. And it was much drier than it is now. You will not like that trail.

There are other trails in the area. Catmando and Sledderglen both know the area well.

First pic: Mystery Lake Cabin
Second pic: Myself, Kim and Brian at Mystery Lake.
Third pic: Cat's don't like water

Attachments

• DSC00622.jpg
    DSC00622.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00629.jpg
    DSC00629.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00621.jpg
    DSC00621.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 170

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Okay I get that we won't be going to the lake, that is fine, it is just water anyway. Really want some new territory to go to. Do you have the GPS co-ord for the mill camp area or at least more detailed direction. I thought that since Dean has the week off after the Edson rally that we might take a spin out that way since we are so close.
Judging by the lack of responces I am guessing that it is not a popular place or it is too tough for most people to go to and ride. You know our abilities would we enjoy the other trails out there, Garry?

cementfist27

Reaction score
Has anyone been out here recently? I am heading to this area and would love to try and make it there. Did I read correctly as well and see that you can fish for trout there?

Top Bottom