my snorkeled bruit force still drowns!...?

Jeryn

Reaction score
Hi everyone. i was wondering if someone could help me with my snorkel issue. I have a 06 bruit force 750 with a home made snorkel. I had it out up to the racks in water last year and it still died on me. what am i missing? I have my 3 main snorkels except for exhaust. my air box is sealed up including my drain, my breather for the heads is also up with my snorkels along with my fuel tank vent.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find any water in your air box? If not, you likely took water in through your exhaust. It doesn't usually happen asa long as you keep up on the throttle.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What TG and whoDEANie said, also make sure ALL your electrical connections are dielectric greased.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also the carb boots are prone to leak air and water ( the ones either below or on top.

sent from my HTC while working

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there water anywhere? When you built your snorkel did you test it by covering the intake snorkel and making sure it died? If you did an easy one to try is di-electric grease your plug boots. Seen that more than once.

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
What kind of spark plug wire do you have? I'm taking the grizzly out in a few hours, I have the exact same problem, I think that it has to do with the NGK spark plug wire with mine, took it apart, put die electric grease on the distributor cap and plug, gonna swap her in a creek see if that's the problem, I'll keep you posted

LMNB

Reaction score
Could try maybe not going so bloody deep out in the water. Quad's not pwc!

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
Well I ran the grizz through some deep water and everything seems good to go never stalled at all, try die electric grease on the distributor cap and plug

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drowned mine last year also and it was snorkeled I let off the gas for a second and got water in through the exhust now i have to rebuild the top end

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drowned mine last year also and it was snorkeled I let off the gas for a second and got water in through the exhust now i have to rebuild the top end

I can pretty much guarantee it didn't come in through your exhaust. There's something else leaking. My outty will idle all day long under water as did all my hondas

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stalled it and water came in
Rear piston was hydro locked
It was a while ago
Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk 2

Jeryn

Reaction score
its got stock plug boots, it dies when you plug the snorkel intake so thats not the problem. i just tore it apart and put die electric grease on all the connectors and spark plug boots and coils. i also took the carbs off and silicone upper and lower intake boots so i will see if it works.

Top Bottom