My Rev is Lacking!

Drp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some opinions on this one
I Ride a 2008 Rev XP and a 2007 Rev 800R. I used to think that the 800R was really fast, but when we bought the XP, I steer clear of the 800R now. I am wanting to upgrade the motor so i can compete with the new XP. Also I dont want it to blow up in one season.
If anyone has any parts that are cheap and give a horsepower increase, please tell me!
thanks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
says a lot about the XP platform, the engines have the same claimed power output. my xp will wail on '07 summits as well, even longer tracked versions.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both your sleds actually have the same motor the xp has different timing than the re though. I have an 860 rkt motor in my 07 with reeds and a dynaport single with high flow y pipe and a specialty can sled works great

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay maby my 07 isn't stock its about 425 dry with a 162 2.5 extreme track. I went up against an xp with an 860 and his was piped to, also with a 162 track in boulder at the suger bowl and he got spanked so if you like your 07 that much give it more power or make it lighter it will go. I've also gone up against xp turbo's and the ones that worked did beat me but not by much on the hill unless 10 to 20 feet is worth 10 grand to you

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
says a lot about the XP platform, the engines have the same claimed power output. my xp will wail on '07 summits as well, even longer tracked versions.

Actually the '07 made about 152hp and the Xp makes about 144hp out of the box..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why is the XP different??

There are a couple of reasons why it is lower in hp.. One is a slightly more restrictive air intake system and also the way the computer is set-up. The computer is WAY more sensitive than the '07 and the way the xp comp is set-up after it hits 8G it starts to dump extra fuel in via the dpm.. So we are actually going to be sending a whole bunch of comp's off to the race department to get reprogrammed.. It'll help them out alot.. It will also make the knock sensor alot less sensitive.. Cause when the knock sensor senses something it knocks timing back, and it is so sensitive that it'll pickup a rattle in your clutch..

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRP , here is what we did on a couple of 07s in my group, dropped to a 19 tooth upper, slp head and y-pipe, left the stock pipe on and HPS cans. Really woke those 2 sleds up. Did require them to run a gallon or 2 of race gas per tank. But it was well worth the performance gains.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DRP , here is what we did on a couple of 07s in my group, dropped to a 19 tooth upper, slp head and y-pipe, left the stock pipe on and HPS cans. Really woke those 2 sleds up. Did require them to run a gallon or 2 of race gas per tank. But it was well worth the performance gains.

You guys ride at alot higher altitude down there compared to what we do here if the elevation there is anything like where they ride around salt lake city.. What is the normal elevation you ride at?

bubba700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys ride at alot higher altitude down there compared to what we do here if the elevation there is anything like where they ride around salt lake city.. What is the normal elevation you ride at?

we usually start out at 6k and go all the way up to 10 ish. Doing those 4 things to the 07s they would walk away from an 06x with a full slp performance kit on it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we usually start out at 6k and go all the way up to 10 ish. Doing those 4 things to the 07s they would walk away from an 06x with a full slp performance kit on it.

Thats cool.. I'm really not a fan of the slp performance packages anyways.. I think that they are overrated..

Last edited:
Top Bottom