My 1100T impressions from last weekend

BOOSTED

Reaction score
had a friend of mine rode the BONE stock 1100T up the hill, I rode it and here were my impressions
HANDLEBARS, HANDLEBARS, HANDLEBARS!!!!!!!!!
I am 6ft tall and the bars are at least 2" + too low
it really makes me wonder why Cat didnt make the sled with the adjustable bars like the m8!
my knees were also sore after a while always rapping off the side panels
the sled rips! love the power, the ride, the look, the sound

if I could change things it would have the cockpit and the adjustable bars of the old chassis
where the knees had a round molded area, with a large gas filler cap (first fill up spilled gas all over the sled)

all in all the sled certainly carried faster than the 2 strokes, that was VERY noticable, the 2 strokes we were with were all new 2012s

Need more seat time and change out the bars, I rode my 2009 turbo M8 all weeekend, old chassis is definately easier to ride than the new no doubt about that.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a friend of mine rode the BONE stock 1100T up the hill, I rode it and here were my impressions
HANDLEBARS, HANDLEBARS, HANDLEBARS!!!!!!!!!
I am 6ft tall and the bars are at least 2" + too low
it really makes me wonder why Cat didnt make the sled with the adjustable bars like the m8!
my knees were also sore after a while always rapping off the side panels
the sled rips! love the power, the ride, the look, the sound

if I could change things it would have the cockpit and the adjustable bars of the old chassis
where the knees had a round molded area, with a large gas filler cap (first fill up spilled gas all over the sled)

all in all the sled certainly carried faster than the 2 strokes, that was VERY noticable, the 2 strokes we were with were all new 2012s

Need more seat time and change out the bars, I rode my 2009 turbo M8 all weeekend, old chassis is definately easier to ride than the new no doubt about that.

i know the adjustable bars are nice. but with the fourstroke engine configuration, they wouldnt work, talking to the techs at cat in Nashville, at the show, they said they were working on an adjustable riser kit, my guess is like the pivot works style- (yamaha sells, them.)
- i said the same thing about the gas cap, and was given these words of wisdom. we had all thought its purpose was to be easier to pour fuel, when in reality the fuel pump is located inside the tank on the m series so you have to be able to get your hand in there to get it out..lol...who knew...

Terry

geotirsledder

Reaction score
Website
www.geotir.com
I agree with boosted...Just back from Hard Pack on Boulder. Handle bars too low, and man the knees take a beating! Need knee pads for sure. The M1100T has a great ride on the trail, and is definitely more difficult to pull it over on its side, at least in hard pack.

I am having some difficulty getting used to the turbo lag, having come off 2 strokes, but I think it will only be a matter of time. An extra 2 inches on the handle bar height, and it pushed to vertical should make a big difference.

FYI, it starts a little slower than a 2 stroke, but builds power and speed as you climb compared to the new etec800's.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Valemount and gotta say i love it! Insane power considering it was almost stock. I got sick of waiting for my straight pipe from D&D so made my own from the stock muffler...Saved 14lbs! Sounds great too. I also have to agree with the sore knee issue! But by the 3rd day i was use to it. As for the height of the handle bars i found them fine and im 5'9". I also agree it will take a while to get use to the slight lag when im jumping and cliffs and what not but that will come with time. I rode with a buddy who had a 2011 m8 turbo 11lbs boost and could go anywhere he could.Overall cat did there homework and i love it.

Oh one minor problem was fuel. It burnt a ton of fuel and such a small tank. Definitely going to have to buy a tank for the back!

deyell01

Reaction score
One other thing I found out on mine today is if it rolls over and pins the throttle it does puke out oil somewhere so I'm thinking a tether switch will be needed on the 4 stroke

Give me snow and lots of it!!!!

Top Bottom