Mountain Addiction Jerry on an XM

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So last minute of course, I decide I need a Jerry Can for my sled and of course nobody for 100 miles has a linq in stock. So I figured what the hell I'll try a Mountain Addiction. Get it home and of course, it's not the right one for the Doo tunnel. Nothing a couple spacers won't fix. Hopefully it holds out for this weekend as I have the proper rails on order.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360301783.621519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360301811.097550.jpg
So if anyone needs a set of rails for a flat tunnel, I will have a set for sale next week.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have CR boards that come up and interfere with where the front linq mount goes so I was thinking of going with the mountain addiction cans. Also dont have to mess with getting the linq can blacked out to look good. I think the two little cans look better anyways!

Last edited:

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they easy to get on and off the rails?? Herd their a pain to get on and off from a few peps?

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they easy to get on and off the rails?? Herd their a pain to get on and off from a few peps?

I just took some time and really made sure the slots on the bottom of the cans is clear of any extra plastic bits from the manufacturing. They also tell you to put pledge or something similar on the rails to get things moving the first few times. Also if you don't mount the rails the way you are supposed to, they can be out of alignment and make it extremely hard to get off. Mine are perfect now, still stiff enough that they don't slide on their own but a good tug gets them off.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can try and use some older slides if you have. We were in a pinch at the shop and didn't have a spare set of rails a few times for the proper chassis and have used everything from cutting boards to slides to jack up the rails. Whoever you bought the rails from should take them back IMO at a discounted price and swap you out. I would try that.

For sliding the cans on/off, try a graphite based lithium grease. I find it lasts the longest as it repels snow longer than WD40 or anything else.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can try and use some older slides if you have. We were in a pinch at the shop and didn't have a spare set of rails a few times for the proper chassis and have used everything from cutting boards to slides to jack up the rails. Whoever you bought the rails from should take them back IMO at a discounted price and swap you out. I would try that.

For sliding the cans on/off, try a graphite based lithium grease. I find it lasts the longest as it repels snow longer than WD40 or anything else.

MA recommends wd-40 or pledge. And only on initial install they say you shouldn't need to lube it all the time. It was super tight so I sprayed the bottom of the can and worked it up and down the rails a few times and it shaved off the extra plastic. No issues now and fits good.

The dealer I bought them from sux and they would take them back but told me 6-8weeks to get the right ones cuz they only do stock orders. So I ordered the proper ones from the man. in Kelowna and should have them next week. I will just sell the old rails.

Top Bottom