Motorcycle Hazard! Ford Wants This in Their Cars and Trucks

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post this here, even though it is targeted at motorcyclists, and specifically about the new Ford F150.

Ford Motor Company has applied for a new patent that will use a billboard recognition system to display in car ads to the driver on the dashboard.

Bottom line, Ford has patented a technology that allows digital billboards to transmit relevant information about the displayed ad to the screen in the vehicle, navigation to the burger joint being advertised, new mortgage rates from the bank, or what ever else is being displayed, or distracting the driver. These things are bright, animated, and distracting enough as they are, where they are. I agree, we defiantly don't them in our vehicles in the future.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So , talking on the phone while looking thru the windshield is distracted, but looking down reading the menu/advertusement/directions/promotion , etc on your dash isn’t ? Dumber and dumber !

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg I hope not, I currently turn off the auto update / nanny monitoring / communicate with ford crap / in my truck now.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda like GMs warning that randomly comes on while driving telling you to keep your eyes on the road and wont go away until you agree!

I find it very distracting GMC! Thanks for ur concern though! Lmao

20210522_090321.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats kinda like GMs warning that randomly comes on while driving telling you to keep your eyes on the road and wont go away until you agree!

I find it very distracting GMC! Thanks for ur concern though! Lmao

View attachment 235915
That's more so for the navigation

And is a one time on start up

Doesn't come back up for that drive cycle

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's more so for the navigation

And is a one time on start up

Doesn't come back up for that drive cycle
No. It comes up at random, while you are driving. Super annoying....

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once cars are autonomous and they make driving yourself illegal, this will be a big money maker for Ford

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be a glitch, mine only comes on start up, occasionally
Could be. Ill have to check on one of the other trucks to see. Bought a bunch of the 2020s and 2021s gmc's. 19 doesnt do it.

Top Bottom