Modification to rave valves

blue noser

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard about the modification to the rave valves. Sounds like they just shave the valves down and disconnect from solenoid so that they are open all the time

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a little more involved. They are ground for best top end performance. If there were open all the time you would have no bottom end response. They also mod them to open a little quicker.

blue noser

Reaction score
On The mod that I saw, looked liked they just disconnected from pressure solenoids and linked the two rave valves together with hose

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phone the sled shed in revy. Talk to al. He will tell ya y to do it and what's involved

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use to put a small shim or spacer beween rave and engine, to open ports up quicker, but never really seen a advantage with that

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had mine done and have one ride on it. Its hard to say how much of a difference it made? Costs $100 and he shaves the whole valve down 200 thou, and then drills them so that they open off exhaust pressure. Kind of nice simplifying things I guess. One less thing to go wrong.

Top Bottom