Modded '03 Polaris Vertical Escape - Help!

raptorrexcullen

Reaction score
Hi,

Im new to this forum and sleds in general. I had a small shitty polaris along time ago and have been out of the sled scene since. With that in mind im planning on getting a mountain/trail sled. I am seeing a 2003 polaris vertical escape tomorrow. The seller tells me he installed a psi 825 engine, polaris bottom end, welded and tried crank, big bearing kit, tuffer pto shaft, whole engine is ported and polished, putting out 165 hp on pump gas. Im sure you can tell i dont know much about sleds now lol. 159 track.

Can anyone give me help on if this is a decent sled? Also what alot of that info means. I want to know what im looking at/for when I see it. Please go easy on me...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard. what is the guy asking for the sled? that info means if it blows up, it will be super expensive to fix. a mod sled isn't something I would recommend for someone just getting beck into the sport

raptorrexcullen

Reaction score
alright good call. Maybe stock will be the way to go here.
Hes asking to trade for my '06 suzuki gsxr 600. I can probably get 5500 for my bike

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hes asking to trade for my '06 suzuki gsxr 600. I can probably get 5500 for my bike
keep the bike, or trade it for something newer in stock form would be my advice. 5500 will get you a decent rev summit, there is a few of them for sale on here. they were the best mountain sleds in that price range, you should be able to find one that has a rebuilt engine or complete shortblock replacement. stay away from the '07 rev if it has not been updated with the newer motor, they had a habit of crankshaft failure with the original 800R. the M series cats were also a decent sled, I'm sure a few more peeps around here can point you in the right direction.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

give Terry @ T&T Powersports a call in Bonnyville, he might be able to set you up with something and get you some trade value on that gsxr.

Top Bottom