Mod quad

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
came across a decent sport quad chassie today just a few doors down from me . i think it is a banshee, but not to sure. as the owner was not home and i did not want to tresspass . and it looks like it will sit there for years if i don't rescue it , like they did to the 6 million dollar man . make it stronger , make it faster , and so on . so my question is . will a trans from a automatic 425 polaris handle the torque of a sled engine with a approx 100 min hp , as reverse is a nice option on a 2WD quad . also what are your thoughts on a direct drive ( no chain case ). can this be done without to much hassle :confused:....... thanks PONYBOY

duner

Reaction score
I know a guy that put a 670 Rotax into a Scrambler and it worked awesome. He had the stock transmission with the 4X4 working and all. He used the stock clutch system and tranny and it seemed to hold up. He goes by Captjacksparrow on here maybe he will chime in.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy that put a 670 Rotax into a Scrambler and it worked awesome. He had the stock transmission with the 4X4 working and all. He used the stock clutch system and tranny and it seemed to hold up. He goes by Captjacksparrow on here maybe he will chime in.

maybe CJS could post some pics, so i can see what i'm up again'st

Top Bottom