Ministik Trails are CLOSED - March 2, 2009

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Well we had a good year in Ministik this season but as always the time has come to close the trails down

We were able to groomer 4 days this year and hope to do 10 to 12 grooming next year with our BR 180 Groomer below

March 1, is the official closure deadline as per the guidelines and rules set out by Alberta Sustainable Resources Department (ASRD).

Please respect these rules and do not ride motorized vehicles in Ministik after March 2, 2009 until the season opens again in December.

Failure to comply could mean permanent closure to motorized vehicles all year...

For all acreage owners living next to the Ministik Bird Sanctuary
- The sanctuary will be monitored this year for access points from acreages into the sanctuary. A review of the Petty Trespass Act is being reviewed and may be implemented to offenders during the “Closed to Motorized” period (Mar 1 to Dec 1)
- There are only 3 designated access points into Ministik Sanctuary by ASRD.
----These gates will be closed during the “Closed To Motorized” period (Mar 1 to Dec 1)
- If you access through any other areas you will directly affect the Permanent Closure of all motorized vehicles in Ministik...
- If access continues during the closed period of March 2 until it opens in December - then these findings and complaints will be forwarded to Alberta Sustainable Resources for review and closure of the sanctuary PERIOD....
- NO more riding for any of us….. even the one who obey the rules and trail regulations

Last edited:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im thinkin the government is involved somehow:dshoot only got there twice and still get lost in there:)wanted to do the santa toy run with you folks..o well next year:beer:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
On a positive note, they are grooming Trailseekers Trails today!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HI All

Well we had a good year in Ministik this season but as always the time has come to close the trails down

We were able to groomer 4 days this year and hope to do 10 to 12 grooming next year with our BR 180 Groomer below

March 1, is the official closure deadline as per the guidelines and rules set out by Alberta Sustainable Resources Department (ASRD).

Please respect these rules and do not ride motorized vehicles in Ministik after March 2, 2009 until the season opens again in December.

Failure to comply could mean permanent closure to motorized vehicles all year...

For all acreage owners living next to the Ministik Bird Sanctuary
- The sanctuary will be monitored this year for access points from acreages into the sanctuary. A review of the Petty Trespass Act is being reviewed and may be implemented to offenders during the “Closed to Motorized” period (Mar 1 to Dec 1)
- There are only 3 designated access points into Ministik Sanctuary by ASRD.
----These gates will be closed during the “Closed To Motorized” period (Mar 1 to Dec 1)
- If you access through any other areas you will directly affect the Permanent Closure of all motorized vehicles in Ministik...
- If access continues during the closed period of March 2 until it opens in December - then these findings and complaints will be forwarded to Alberta Sustainable Resources for review and closure of the sanctuary PERIOD....
- NO more riding for any of us….. even the one who obey the rules and trail regulations

What a big dissapointment. I'm so tired of seeing our limited riding areas being scrapped or limited just because the fools in the Strathcona County political system say it is so. Strathcona County... You really bite. So tired of living in this county. As a family guy I would love to see some good news in the horizon as far as snowmobiling goes. Winter lasts 6 months of the year here???????

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way... I forgot to say how much I am discussted by the legislation that Stracona County has put into place as far as us law abiding snowmobilers are concerned, mostly family enjoying the great outdoors. I find it really sad to fear a $230.00 penalty for playing with my kids on our sleds. I pay for registration on each sled, buy my trail passes and I still have to worry about getting fined??? Something needs to change.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just have to remember stuff like this on election day and got out and vote..we would have been riding in strathcona county but lost out by 111 votes.
seems we have more peeps show up for a trail closing seminar than a election.all the sledders in strathcona county need to unite at a council meeting..we tried to open a corridor between antler lake and ministick.they heard us out and nothing else ever became of it..if we want to stop getting fined by the strathcona county cops its in our own hands..if a couple thousand sledders showed up they might take us a little more seriously.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just have to remember stuff like this on election day and got out and vote..we would have been riding in strathcona county but lost out by 111 votes.
seems we have more peeps show up for a trail closing seminar than a election.all the sledders in strathcona county need to unite at a council meeting..we tried to open a corridor between antler lake and ministick.they heard us out and nothing else ever became of it..if we want to stop getting fined by the strathcona county cops its in our own hands..if a couple thousand sledders showed up they might take us a little more seriously.

The Tri-County Meeting at Ministik School has lead to the County of Strathcona commissioning a "Snowmobile Corriodor Studay" in the fall of 2009

MAKE SURE you people living in Strathcona County call your councilors to find out when the meetings are and that you are SICK of being fined for recreating in your own back yard...

Enough is ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it extremely offensive that the conplaints of a few far out weigh the good clean family fun of others --- what do I mean???

In conversation with Wayne Holland of Alberta Sustainable Resourses, it seems that the constant complaining from:
-- Brian Healy
(Lives in the middle of Ministik on twp502 gravel road - you cross on the connector and built his house on top of the 30 year old snowmobile trail)
-- Mike Watson (Lives on Twp 510 next to Parking Lot 33)
-- Kathren Battle (a dog walker in Parking Lot #2 lives in Hillview Park 1 mile west of Ministik)

Their phone call complaints lead to the early closure of Ministik (Due to land owner complaints) Shame on them for being so narrow minded that they only think of themselves and not of the 1000's of people that recreated in Ministik this year:nono::nono::nono: SHAME on YOU!!!!

Ironically Wayne Holland has never got a call to say what a great place it is to take your family and spend the day enjoying out door recreation with your family and friends

So take a minute and call your councilor and voice your snowmobiling concerns

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Brian. NIMBY people rule the world. We need to voice our needs more. Brian thanks for your and your clubs efforts in making Ministik as open as it can be. If we all play the game Ministik will be around for a long time BUT if we dont follow the rules it WILL change for sure.
Keep us upto date on meetings please Brian

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Tri-County Meeting at Ministik School has lead to the County of Strathcona commissioning a "Snowmobile Corriodor Studay" in the fall of 2009

MAKE SURE you people living in Strathcona County call your councilors to find out when the meetings are and that you are SICK of being fined for recreating in your own back yard...

Enough is ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does any one know when and if these meetings are ging to happen or even take place??:confused: I would really love to ride from South Cooking Lake to Ministik thsi year.

Top Bottom