Ministik is CLOSED for the Season (March 29,2011)

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ministik Snowmobile Trail Systems is now CLOSED as of March 29, 2011

WOW - a special thanks to Alberta Sustainable Resources Wayne Holland for the huge extention of 29 days. Thanks Wayne...

With 1 to 2 feet of snow still on the ground at March 29 it was impossible for the magratory birds to find food which was good for snowmobiling in Ministik. Ministik was to close on March 1, 2011 but was left open until March 29 until the geese started coming back, which gave us another 29 days of some of the best snowmobiling Ministik has seen in 30 years.

We have worked hard with Alberta Sustainable Resources to make the Ministik Trails clean & safe for your snowmobiling and hope that all snowmobilers respect the closures and do not enter Ministik until next winter season. Ministik is now only open to walking, not motorized vehicles or horses

SO thanks again for the Great Season and see you next year

The Tri-County Executive

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the work the Tri-County Snowmobile Club has put into this area. Hard work and lots of time and $$$$ to groom clear and maintain. Now it is up to us as snowmobilers to respect the Ministik plan and stay out of the area till next time it opens. The area is now set aside for the 100s of Geese and ducks that make it their home for the summer.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication in maintaining the opportunity for all of us to SNOWMOBILE out there.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I and my family would like to thank all those involved with the Ministck area...The Tri county Snowmobile Club and Sustainable Resorces......

Wish I had been paying attention, we stayed away since the 1st ....Oh well for now we will vist with just our feet, great place to go for a walk.....and wait till it opens for the summer to horses....

sleds will see it next season...

Top Bottom