Medlers Close Call(More of a Rant)

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So i was out riding today with a couple S&Mers.Coming home at About 9pm,Coming up to bowden from Caroline,Crossing the cp rail overpass,I see this single headlight ,thinking it is a Vehicle with one light right?????WRONG it is some POS driving a swather down the road at night,,,This is where it gets interesting,,,,The header on the swather takes up one lane, and half of mine,. The guard rails for the overpass are fairly narrowSo there was no way i could fit through.IF I WASN't PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME OR I HAD 140,000 POUNDS BEHIND ME I MIGHT NOT BE HERE WRITING THIS AND THE A$$HOLE IN THE SWATHER MIGHT NOT BE HERE AS WELL.He had no flahers flashing and one little dinky light on this thing.And of course there is traffic behind me,thank god they were paying attention as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!So i come to a screaching halt as did everyone else.And i get out of my truck and i lost it on the jerk off:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:I asked him in a slight different vocabulary where in the f is he going ,,,he says Sundre:realmad::realmad:,,Anyway we all had to back up and let ecker ped get by,,So i turn into Bowden just furious,phoned the cops and went and tracked this idiot down and the police showed up shortly after .Turns out the dumba$$ has warrents for his arrest.So to make a long story short don't allways assume one headlight is allways a vehicle.And don't drive farm equipment at night.,,.Without proper lighting DUH DUH DUH.And also thanks to the Police who have to put up with chit like this on a regular basis,trying to keep our roads safe,,I know it is long ,,Had to get this off my chest

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i was out riding today with a couple S&Mers.Coming home at About 9pm,Coming up to bowden from Caroline,Crossing the cp rail overpass,I see this single headlight ,thinking it is a Vehicle with one light right?????WRONG it is some POS driving a swather down the road at night,,,This is where it gets interesting,,,,The header on the swather takes up one lane, and half of mine,. The guard rails for the overpass are fairly narrowSo there was no way i could fit through.IF I WASN't PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME OR I HAD 140,000 POUNDS BEHIND ME I MIGHT NOT BE HERE WRITING THIS AND THE A$$HOLE IN THE SWATHER MIGHT NOT BE HERE AS WELL.He had no flahers flashing and one little dinky light on this thing.And of course there is traffic behind me,thank god they were paying attention as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!So i come to a screaching halt as did everyone else.And i get out of my truck and i lost it on the jerk off:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:I asked him in a slight different vocabulary where in the f is he going ,,,he says Sundre:realmad::realmad:,,Anyway we all had to back up and let ecker ped get by,,So i turn into Bowden just furious,phoned the cops and went and tracked this idiot down and the police showed up shortly after .Turns out the dumba$$ has warrents for his arrest.So to make a long story short don't allways assume one headlight is allways a vehicle.And don't drive farm equipment at night..DUH DUH DUH.And also thanks to the Police who have to put up with chit like this on a regular basis,trying to keep our roads safe,,I know it is long ,,Had to get this off my chest

I not saying that this guy driving without proper lights was doing nothing wrong but farmers don't have the luxury of only working 8 hour days like most people. This time of year there is going to be more farm equipment on the road even at night. Come out to my area and try that when i am behind the wheel and you will get a ear full right back at you!

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may have over reacted a bit. i do understand i don't like people being unsafe on the road either but I didn't like the don't drive farm equipment at night DUH comment. But i also wouldn't drive a piece of farm equipment down the hi-way at night without proper lights on the machine. I hope you would not react this way if you met a properly lit machine.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I may have over reacted a bit. i do understand i don't like people being unsafe on the road either but I didn't like the don't drive farm equipment at night DUH comment. But i also wouldn't drive a piece of farm equipment down the hi-way at night without proper lights on the machine. I hope you would not react this way if you met a properly lit machine.

By no means was i pizzed that the guy was in a swather.Farming has been in our family for years . ,I was just mad that the guy didn't have proper lighting .or flashing lights on each end of the header,or something reflective.I have spent enough hours in machinery as well and have moved fields at night too.Just a wake up call to be carefull on the roads this time of year ,Deer are bad as well

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Had the exact same thing happen to me on Big Springs RD. heading west from Airdrie. Not a single light only saw him with our own headlights ...thank god for good brakes!!

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had the exact same experience yesterday up near Thorsby ,thanks god we were on the ball , I understand farmers have a small window to get crops off , but some farmers just don't get it ,lighting is a must and I believe a pilot truck with flashing lights would save lives!!We all understand you have to move equipment but at least try and do it safely!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had the exact same experience yesterday up near Thorsby ,thanks god we were on the ball , I understand farmers have a small window to get crops off , but some farmers just don't get it ,lighting is a must and I believe a pilot truck with flashing lights would save lives!!We all understand you have to move equipment but at least try and do it safely!!!

When my buddy suggested his step dad repair the tail and marker lights on his grain truck for some night hauling, his reply was: "It's our frickin road, people should know that we're there." Dumb

medler

I love guns
Reaction score

Well maybe this guy gets around???The cops did charge him with something can't remember it now,and the warrants for his arrest made me laugh in spite of the situation.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like farmers do have a seperate set of rules and requirments to follow. I have seen it many times where farmers are driving trucks that are not road worthy.Lights not working, poor brakes and tires. Why are farmers exempt from safety inspections (cvips)?

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I not saying that this guy driving without proper lights was doing nothing wrong but farmers don't have the luxury of only working 8 hour days like most people. This time of year there is going to be more farm equipment on the road even at night. Come out to my area and try that when i am behind the wheel and you will get a ear full right back at you!

Coming from a farming family.....I chose not to farm:rolleyes:......you have all summer and winter to put some lights and flashers on it so when you do have to travel at night down a public road it is safer for everyone.

Glad Medler wasn't driving a loaded super b of grain...like most farmers do that swather woulda folded up like a fat chick on a wicker chair

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Coming from a farming family.....I chose not to farm:rolleyes:......you have all summer and winter to put some lights and flashers on it so when you do have to travel at night down a public road it is safer for everyone.

Glad Medler wasn't driving a loaded super b of grain...like most farmers do that swather woulda folded up like a fat chick on a wicker chair

Did you try to sit on a wicker chair again?????????...Just askin :eek::eek:

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5 years ago while traveling east of Trochu ALBERTA at 7am , with heavy fog . i got down to the bottom of the hill in 3rd gear as the fog was thick. as i approached the bridge that crosses the RED DEER river i noticed an old ford truck with its flashers going. a man yells out that theres a wide load coming boy's and it might be wise to stay where i was at . so i poured a coffee and waited ,and waited , and waited some more . good thing i did , cause out of the fog came a big 8 wheel , 4x4 articulating tractor , pulling a house !!! i'm not making this S#$%^T up. i had to back my truck into the ditch , that i could not see. it was a whole F#$%^&G house . not half , not the porch, but the whole house. after it passed , came a small pick up with flashers going and about a mile of traffic behind it . i don't know what was behind me as i could not see a thing. as i got to the top of the hill , and out of the fog i pulled over . behind me was a few cars and trucks including a cattle liner and a school bus. what were these people thinking . every other foggy morning after that i was dam carefull crossing that bridge. maybe i should let the insurance run out on my welding truck , and just put an orange reflective triangle on it :rolleyes::rolleyes: works for them

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like farmers do have a seperate set of rules and requirments to follow. I have seen it many times where farmers are driving trucks that are not road worthy.Lights not working, poor brakes and tires. Why are farmers exempt from safety inspections (cvips)?

farmers are not exempt from cvips. however they only have to be done once every three years. with the miles some of these farmers are putting on these days that is far to long.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
It was just a plain scary experience.I think if my trailer was on behind me i would have had to hit the spike on the brake controller

Top Bottom