Me so Happy I got da brute back WOOOOOT!!!!

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey great news I got my brute back to day its a great st pattys day. GO tmy Green brute back :beer::beer: ANyways i was wounderin what size jets would you guys recomend for north central alberta im puttin a hmf on as soon as i can just not sure what are altitude is around hear. thanks Drink lots of GREEN BEER

oh yeah qany ideal on how much it costed to ompleatly rebuild the front diff ?????? lol give you a hint was more then 2000 but less then 5000 unreal the cost of parts from kawi ..

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well just over 3000 is when you dont crack the case lol..... it was about 4300 this time.... cant belive kawi can charge this much for parts on these machines....

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you give me bearing numbers off the bearing and seals themselves i could help eliminate some cost also might be able to find gears too when i did my buddies suzuki the bearing i found were same make ( like timken ect ) all wass less than 1/2 only had to wait 2 weeks was all it was worth the wait

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks, can you get any parts aftermarket???

This really makes me rethink about buying a Brute Force, maybe I should look at the Grizz instead? ;) Anyways good luck:beer:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that sucks, can you get any parts aftermarket???

This really makes me rethink about buying a Brute Force, maybe I should look at the Grizz instead? ;) Anyways good luck:beer:

Check out the price of rebuilding most parts and you will find out the prices aren't to much different between the machines

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha aint any better then kawi when it comes to cost of stuff like that.... your best bet would be if you blow a diff that is not under warrenty got to a atv wrecker and get it for like 700 ... for some reason kawi and yamaha send all there stuff pice by pice . for some reason not sure why.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still leaning towards the Brute though, because of the power and price :d

How does the full lock differential work on the Brute? I know you need to hold the lever, but I was watching the Yamaha website propaganda, and they sure make it look like the Brute diff lock is bad. Does it work good??

Sorry about jacking your thread...

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i think it works good most the time a lot faster then the yamaha diff lock... it locks all the tires up just gotta keep that diff lock cable in good shape, and the should have no issues.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never really liked my diff lock lever at all, right from brand new, the dealer had to adjust it a few times and you never REALLY NEW FOR sure if it was locked in or not until you could see all the wheels either spin or not. In this area i would much prefer the Yami positive diff lock system, at least that way you know it's locked or not. Just my 2 cents on how my '08 750 worked.

BIG_BRUTE750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never really liked my diff lock lever at all, right from brand new, the dealer had to adjust it a few times and you never REALLY NEW FOR sure if it was locked in or not until you could see all the wheels either spin or not. In this area i would much prefer the Yami positive diff lock system, at least that way you know it's locked or not. Just my 2 cents on how my '08 750 worked.

Yea i really never liked my diff locker neather. i barely use it kinda a pain in the a$$. but un less im really stuck then i give it a try.:beer::beer:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at the Kawasaki website and it lists the 08 BF 750 at 605 lbs (275 kg) and the 09 BF 750 at 652 lbs (296kg) .

Whats the differences between the years? I couldn't find any differences, other than graphics. :beer:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at the Kawasaki website and it lists the 08 BF 750 at 605 lbs (275 kg) and the 09 BF 750 at 652 lbs (296kg) .

Whats the differences between the years? I couldn't find any differences, other than graphics. :beer:

Must be really heavy stickers.:dunno: Don't think they changes anything else but who knows.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the Dif lock on a grizz is a better setup.
but if it works it works is my motto.

all it needs to do is make both front tires turn if it does that then it works fine.

if the cable is always fking up *for my buddies it has once or twice * then its no good.

its kind of like my winch on my grizzly its a warn .. but it was always seizing up so it was a pos in my books warn or not.

I ended up filling it to the max with grease and its been better but its still a pos seeing a e-bayed viper has been with me on every ride and never has seized up once .. knock on wood out of respect for my fellow rider :p

personally the amount of times I've used dif-lock and it got me UNSTUCK its not something id put really really high up in my priority list tbh.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i really wish kawi would go with a diff lock system simalar to the grizzlys.. actuly maybe copy the entire front diff setup. I think the thing i do not like the most on my brute is the way 4x4 engages pain have to roll forward to lock it in 4x4. so if your stuck in 2wheel you gotta be carfull puttin it in 4x4. The grizz though just flip the switch and that little motor thing kicks in 4x4 right now and your good to go.

Top Bottom