McBride Valemount

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family and I just spent the last 9 days up in that wonderful country…

We rented a house near Dunster, www.birchgrovechalet.com only a couple of clicks from Horsey Creek.

Quiet and tucked away, got up each morning sat in the hot tub, then went cross country skiing with our little sheltie/healer cross 14 year old puppy ….came back to breakfast and the kids getting the sleds ready….

Took the whole crew up Belle a couple of times, sledded on the logging roads right from the house….and the two of us that have taken Avalanche training went twice up to Renshaw and once to Allen Creek…..

Met some great people on and off the trail……would like to say thanks again to Glen at Spindrift....just needed a couple of things like a new belt when my youngest took the M8 for a spin with the brake on…:nono:

….but we sat and chatted about the area, sleds, the horse rescue and generally just enjoyed the time with him and a couple of other customers…the place just feels like home when your there….

Spoke with several horse people, as we share that interest as well as sledding, there’s a great Saddle shop right there in Dunster , www.kickinghorsesaddlery.com Reg and Chris are great people and some exceptional saddles,……..spent time chatting with Brigit from www.fallingstarranch.ca she was one of the members of the rescue team for Belle and Sundance two years ago, she also co-wrote the book The Rescue of Belle and Sundance, A Miracle on Mount Renshaw. Stopped in to say hi and stayed for 2 hours….

The story in the book and the people we met left us with a feeling of community that I just don’t get at home….matter of fact I felt more at home there as a visitor then I do around the cities we live in….

The conditions …..Well we had to look for powder, but you could find it….even the trail people selling trail passes were great, would chat and let you know about things or places to watch out for….and of course it was snowing like crazy when we left……:cool:

Will be back soon ….I hope.:beer::beer:

Attachments

• IMGP4306C.jpg
    IMGP4306C.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 255

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My family and I just spent the last 9 days up in that wonderful country…

We rented a house near Dunster, only a couple of clicks from Horsey Creek.

Quiet and tucked away, got up each morning sat in the hot tub, then went cross country skiing with our little sheltie/healer cross 14 year old puppy ….came back to breakfast and the kids getting the sleds ready….

Took the whole crew up Belle a couple of times, sledded on the logging roads right from the house….and the two of us that have taken Avalanche training went twice up to Renshaw and once to Allen Creek…..

Met some great people on and off the trail……would like to say thanks again to Glen at Spindrift....just needed a couple of things like a new belt when my youngest took the M8 for a spin with the brake on…:nono:

….but we sat and chatted about the area, sleds, the horse rescue and generally just enjoyed the time with him and a couple of other customers…the place just feels like home when your there….

Spoke with several horse people, as we share that interest as well as sledding, there’s a great Saddle shop right there in Dunster , Reg and Chris are great people and some exceptional saddles,……..spent time chatting with Brigit from Falling Star Ranch - Home of Arabians, Paint Horses, Quarter Horses and part-bred Arabians. Falling Star Ranch offers horse training, riding lessons, horsemanship clinics, horse sales, stud services. she was one of the members of the rescue team for Belle and Sundance two years ago, she also co-wrote the book The Rescue of Belle and Sundance, A Miracle on Mount Renshaw. Stopped in to say hi and stayed for 2 hours….

The story in the book and the people we met left us with a feeling of community that I just don’t get at home….matter of fact I felt more at home there as a visitor then I do around the cities we live in….

The conditions …..Well we had to look for powder, but you could find it….even the trail people selling trail passes were great, would chat and let you know about things or places to watch out for….and of course it was snowing like crazy when we left……:cool:

Will be back soon ….I hope.:beer::beer:

Great people great Place God's country.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is the cool thing about Mcbride the people that are there, I have seen first hand how the community helps out when my dad got hurt everybody was willing to help the folks out. there is also so much to do around there year round its a good place to go whether its winter or summer.

Top Bottom