Maverick XMR ACS fault?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20kms on my xmr and out for a ride today and suspension was set on 6 going slow on a trail and the suspension setting level "6" kept flashing and ACS fault came up with a check engine light, also the compressor kept making noises like it would be letting out bursts of air every 30 seconds. Any thoughts why?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am watching to see how this goes. As I may purchase a xmr

Darcy Burrell

Reaction score
20kms on my xmr and out for a ride today and suspension was set on 6 going slow on a trail and the suspension setting level "6" kept flashing and ACS fault came up with a check engine light, also the compressor kept making noises like it would be letting out bursts of air every 30 seconds. Any thoughts why?

The exact same thing happened to me.
i had maybe 20Km on my new Maverick xmr and it lowered me, said Auto ACS then flashed a check engine light. Next it said air fault
i shut it off, let it cool down, turned it on and the engine light was gone, compressor brought me back up to 6, then held but kept saying air fault. I had no control over the shocks.
soon it over heated the compressor.
Brought it in and it appears they are stumped and are keeping my machine until the engineers can figure out the tech line inquiry.
So yeah, $27,000 will get you an hours worth of riding. Lol
its a shame too, we had a huge riding party going out this weekend, looks like I won't be going.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to be able to get the same machine without air ride. It is one of the reasons I like my max xt over the xmr. Had to option to get it on my pick up too but after the issues with my escalade not a chance. Too many issues with air ride systems, unless it is a rig.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me.
i had maybe 20Km on my new Maverick xmr and it lowered me, said Auto ACS then flashed a check engine light. Next it said air fault
i shut it off, let it cool down, turned it on and the engine light was gone, compressor brought me back up to 6, then held but kept saying air fault. I had no control over the shocks.
soon it over heated the compressor.
Brought it in and it appears they are stumped and are keeping my machine until the engineers can figure out the tech line inquiry.
So yeah, $27,000 will get you an hours worth of riding. Lol
its a shame too, we had a huge riding party going out this weekend, looks like I won't be going.

I know how you feel. This ride that my acs fault came up I was riding very mellow. The next ride I went on I actually rode it hard through mud and water, and found out the dealer didn't propertly tighten the oil cap on the pdi. Took it back to the dealer and they found a factory defect with the engine, timing chain or something was on too tight and would of taken out the engine that ride anyways, so it sat at the dealer a couple weeks getting that fixed, picked it up and the next day went for a ride and half way through snapped a front axle. Been at the dealer for the past two weeks, finally get to pick it up. At least the axle was warranty. I bought it in the end of March and its now pretty much June and I only have 60kms on it.. lol at least the acs fault never came up again

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure would be nice to be able to get the same machine without air ride. It is one of the reasons I like my max xt over the xmr. Had to option to get it on my pick up too but after the issues with my escalade not a chance. Too many issues with air ride systems, unless it is a rig.

The 2015 xmr comes with fox podium .
They got rid of air ride.
I am just debating to buy a 2014 or 2015
$2000 off the 2014 but I believe I will go for the 2015.
The air ride IMO doesn't ride that great.
Have it on outlander max.( hasn't caused any problems thou) it's a 2010.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2000 is very tempting but yeah I would go with the new shocks. I have ridden a max with air ride and compared to mine the air ride sucks. Same with the xmr. I am not sure if people just pit their blinders on with it or what but the air is junk. Of course this is my opinion.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$2000 is very tempting but yeah I would go with the new shocks. I have ridden a max with air ride and compared to mine the air ride sucks. Same with the xmr. I am not sure if people just pit their blinders on with it or what but the air is junk. Of course this is my opinion.

I really like the air ride for mud riding. If I'm going deep I can crank it up for the extra ground clearence. Or if I'm ripping fast I can lower it for smoother ride. Makes a huge difference

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree with adjustability .
This is why I keep going back and fourth.
The 2015 is also is geared 15%
lower in low range which I like.
I think I will still go with 2015 as BRP always changes things that they don't tell you .
Some good and some not so much! Lol
With this being second year for XMR I think it will be worth the extra $ paid. IMO only

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy the xmr also till they told me I only had 6mth warranty!!! .uck that, 22g and ****ty warranty, I went with the xrs for a few thousand cheaper, its cheap to snorkel it and put on bigger tires, and it comes with 3yr warranty..

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw one pull out of the trailer with 30km on it, went ahead to the side of the trailer and stayed there the rest of the weekend. Had a code PPN, told the guy I meant Purchase Polaris Now. Didn't go over so well.

Top Bottom