marthon sled deck extension..... wanted....again.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i too just picked up a new (old style) marathon deck and would like to get an extension... the deck i have i think is a bob tail as the back is just short of the rear bumper. and is expandable.. does the extension need to go full length extended or could it be either a one piece 3/4 width or a full splitable two piece - reason is that when i have one in the middle i would like that to be supported as well..

does this make sense?

T

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i too just picked up a new (old style) marathon deck and would like to get an extension... the deck i have i think is a bob tail as the back is just short of the rear bumper. and is expandable.. does the extension need to go full length extended or could it be either a one piece 3/4 width or a full splitable two piece - reason is that when i have one in the middle i would like that to be supported as well..

does this make sense?

T

Terry, a guy in your business requires a deck like this. Custom aluminum and with no sleds/quads on, the folded up sides are like having a box.

100_5018.jpg IMG_0138.jpg

PS See you at Mountain Mania V?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fyi I was talking to a welder today who was interested in fabing up some extensions for me, I told him I would get a pic of one and see how much interest there was, which I believe a person could sell a dozen no problem , price would prob be about $600 , this would be a telescopic extension the same as the decks are.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fyi I was talking to a welder today who was interested in fabing up some extensions for me, I told him I would get a pic of one and see how much interest there was, which I believe a person could sell a dozen no problem , price would prob be about $600 , this would be a telescopic extension the same as the decks are.

thats a good deal..... i think marthon was selling theres for 1200

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack but Fernie Snow where did you get that deck and what was the cost? This would look good on my truck!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
thats a good deal..... i think marthon was selling theres for 1200

They were between 500 and 600 depending on the dealer.

I have a brand new one, still in wrapping if someone needs pictures. And no, not interested in selling it, its for a project I have. I do like the Marathon better than the CrossTrax one as the Marathon flips over onto the deck when you arent using it, where the Crosstrax I have to remove and put into the box where it slides around.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Not to hijack but Fernie Snow where did you get that deck and what was the cost? This would look good on my truck!

It is custom designed by Elk Valley Ventures and I had it fabricated in Kamloops at a boat builder. Any good aluminum welder could doo it up for you. Cost with 8' ramp under the deck, lights, and taxes was right around $5500.

This is my second one and it is much better than the first one (picture hauling wood). I'm quite happy and it functions well. I have built racks that go into the fold up parts so that I can really put on a jag of wood.

100_2331.jpg

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeh long horn if you could email me some good pics that would be muchly appreciated, and yes that's what I thought they were selling for is 5-600 , no one has shown any interest but a cpl of my buddies need them so I will have a cpl made up for sure but we want a factory loooking product , u can either email to twpower333@hotmail.com or text them to me at 780-799-0386 Thks

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Yeh long horn if you could email me some good pics that would be muchly appreciated, and yes that's what I thought they were selling for is 5-600 , no one has shown any interest but a cpl of my buddies need them so I will have a cpl made up for sure but we want a factory loooking product , u can either email to twpower333@hotmail.com or text them to me at 780-799-0386 Thks
In fernie till after new years but I will get some pics and take some measurements for you when I get home. They are nice, telescope the same as the deck.

Top Bottom