Marathon sled deck help??

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have the opportunity to by a 2004 8ft marathon deck, sliding sides, new LED lighting and top deck plywood. It has the 2 peice 10ft ramp(not the telescoping one). For 1500. The deck looks like it is in really good shape. What you guys think good or bad deal? What is the 2 peice ramp like?

muzbomb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that was the only thing i wasn't to sure about was the 2 piece ramp. I have used decks before but always a telescopic ramp and they work good. But after a few pops and get forgettful they eat your hands when scoping them in. LOL How does the 2 piece ramp hold up?

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a two piece for my STF deck and it loads my 750 lb quad and my 750 lb sled with no problem.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's in descent shape, $1500 is a pretty good buy. I sold quite a few used Marathons in the last few months....none were less than $1500. The 2 piece ramp is no big deal.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar 7' marathon deck/ramp and wish I kept it. Having used both styles of ramp I would say 2-piece is better than telescoping, lighter simpler and stronger in terms of ramp weight / loading capacity. One guy can set it up and break it down easy once you get the procedure down.

Top Bottom