m800 steering

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats everyone doing for this steering fix? buying the steering post from zbros or just the steering arm extender? cost is about 95 for the extender and 195 for the post. you have to grind the spindles on both. might be a big improvement

blar

Reaction score
Get the Chris Burandt Fox Shok upgrade and the air reservoir's from Nextech. Had them do my front and rears last week and what an amazing difference. Well worth the money!

Blownsilver

Reaction score
I installed the Rasmussen steering arm extender and it helps a bunch with the steering. Kind of a procedure to put it in but once finished it works

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's a problem with the steering? am i missing something?

only thing that i can see wrong with my steering is that it likes to aim at the trees...is there a fix for that??

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd also like to know what's wrong with the steering. Mine turns when and where I want it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadian madman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? It doesn't turn sharp enough ??

unless you're only trail riding on the hardpack...handful of throttle and lean....it turns plenty sharp enough...was actually very impressed with how sharp it would whip around...way tighter than my old M...even slow riding in the tight trees i never had an issue with the turning radius...

not sure why you would need any tighter...but each to their own i guess...good luck with the mod...ride safe!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy thats got over 3k on his last week and he also complained about the steering. Said the steering stem off the 1100 fixed his problem and it's great now. I think something with the angle or geometry I'm guessing....he's been screwing around with his rear skid to try and keep the frt end down too.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not trail riding a can assure you that. I find when your in a steep side hill the more I can counter steer the easier it is to hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

Blownsilver

Reaction score
The sled is good enough without the extension it's just that much better with it. Just gotta try one with it I guess, that's what I did and was sold right there

trhaus

Reaction score
how many more dergrees of steering do u get from any of these mods? and from riding mine im not sure why u need this mod but i am open to new ideas. if u guys could please post some pics.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many more dergrees of steering do u get from any of these mods? and from riding mine im not sure why u need this mod but i am open to new ideas. if u guys could please post some pics.

18 degrees i believe. I didnt take any pics when i put mine in but here is the video for the installation it should help with some of your questions.
Rasmussen steering arm extender install - YouTube

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys buying the extender from? looks like it would help. I don't find that I need it, but if it makes it turn sharper yet I don't see a down side.

Top Bottom