Website
www.zx7r.de
i bought a can for a buddy of mine
pretty sure it was a mbrp can

he put it on yesterday and since than he has problems with the sled bogging out

the symptoms are

idle good
low exceleration ok
but as soon as you hit the throttle full certain rpm and she bogs and just doesnt wanna go

he talked already to a guy which has a sledshop and he told him m7 have problems with noisy cans cause the computer gets screwed by them

so im just wondering if someone heared about this before or had the same expierience ?

would be great to get some answers to help him out

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont know if its the can man ....i ride a 06m7 efi and i put a mbrp can on it and NO problems what so ever just a great sound and a little less weight to pull around ......i havent heard of the computers acting up because of noise either (heard of twins vibrating motors appart from harmonics) ....but i did have a buddys sled doin that because he was running prem instead of reg gas

good luck figurin that one out :beer::beer:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i thought they recommend you use 91 octane.
Does a guy have to recalibrate when he adds a can?
Mine ran fine for bit then with the can then after about 20 miles it started acting up and i added 87 octane.Took that gas out added 91 still runs the same.Lately guys have been talking about the clear tube from the ecu to reroute it up towards the airbox.
I can't say because mine is atthe shop getting looking at for that same reason.Hope it's just that.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
well please post your solution if you get it fixed

i also found that hose talking already

i told him to tr some foam wrepping arround the ecu see if that helps
this way you should be able to tell if the db or rattle screw the ecu

W

woodies

i put a mbrp on my 700 and no problem but the dealer did warn me that they had other cans cause the problems above.

wcroftac

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 06 m7 162. MBRP can and D&D y pipe. Switched back to stock. o.k for an hour. Then bad bog around 6000 rpm. Falling flat on its face. 2 years of screwing around with clutching, belts, etc.
Finally pulled the acordian tube from the hood intake to the airbox and all of a sudden ran like crazy. Pulled from a stand still right to 8 grand no problem. Rode in 3 feet of fresh yesterday and all i needed to do was duct tape the two nose vents closed and zap strap an old foam filter from a skidoo over the air horn and ran flawlessly.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
would it be possible for you to take a picture of that tube ?

i really like to help him cause he is kinda pis.. now that his sled want run right and he just spend that much money on a can

wcroftac

Reaction score
I'll post some photos asap. It's really simple though. Take off the rubber tube between the hood and the airbox and try it out. Just make sure you're not sucking a bunch of snow through the two bumper vents in the nose. Duct tape them shut if you're testing in some powdery snow.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 06 m6 153 with a loud can and i am also having the same simptoms ,bogs at a lower rpm and then seems to clean up when opened up, the can was on the sled when i bought it and didnt get the stock 1 with it so any body no if my new take off stock can from my 09 m8 will fit and work on my 06 m6? i would realy like to try it out if its the same:confused:

easton

Reaction score
My M7 has the bog at 6000 rpm but it clears up above 4500-5000 ft. My dealer said this is because it was set up for the mountains and there was nothing he could do!!!!! Except let me trade for a new m8!!!!!!!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since I think 2006, it's been a crap shoot on some of the Cats whether or not a can will cause the bog issue. Estimates are about 1 in 8 will have a bog. Lot's of info if you do an internet search. It has also been shown that many cans wil have HP losses on the dyno, 1 to 2, not much but a lot for some.

M7Plus

Reaction score
if you guys want to get rid of your famose M7 bog that we all hate so much, try talking to your dealer about sending your computer in for updates. if they have no idea what you are talking about, try calling C.C cycle in westlock AB and ask them they seem to know of the updates and apparently it works. The number there is (780) 349-5776 He might also be able to answer the noisy can questions too, but if it doesn't have ears what would noise have to do with it?

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The number there is (780) 349-5776 He might also be able to answer the noisy can questions too, but if it doesn't have ears what would noise have to do with it?

The number you gave was the fax here is the other number (780) 349-3343
I'll be calling them on Mon. that's forsure

Top Bottom