Low Cost Boost

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I was reading on Yamaha's Blog and there is a french Canadian Company (don't hold it against them) G-Force who makes low boost systems for Apex's called Yamcharger. They are claiming 20Hp over stock

Here is the Website

Anyone have one?

Kind of curious, hoping they make one for Nytros soon, that with some changed to fuel mapping you might score some extra Hp's easily :Snowmobile1:

irondave86

Reaction score
Hey I was reading on Yamaha's Blog and there is a french Canadian Company (don't hold it against them) G-Force who makes low boost systems for Apex's called Yamcharger. They are claiming 20Hp over stock

Here is the Website

Anyone have one?

Kind of curious, hoping they make one for Nytros soon, that with some changed to fuel mapping you might score some extra Hp's easily :Snowmobile1:
They said they wont be making one for the Nytro. The Apex kit only makes 2 - 3 pounds of boost at 10,500 rpm's. The nytro only turns 8900 rpm's which is not enough to make boost.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small supercharger could still be run on the Nytro. The fact that the engine rpm is lower wouldn't really matter as the supercharger speed can be adjusted by using different sized pullies. The superchargers are usually belt driven instead of exhaust driven like a turbo.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small supercharger could still be run on the Nytro. The fact that the engine rpm is lower wouldn't really matter as the supercharger speed can be adjusted by using different sized pullies. The superchargers are usually belt driven instead of exhaust driven like a turbo.
What about low boost turbos? I heard they lose there effect as you gain alltitude, but that doesn't make sense to me.

If the atmospheric conditions change your efi computer should somewhat compensate for the air/fuel ratio, as well when we take about 'boost' it is differential between atmosperic and the pressure of air/oxygen being forced into the combustion chamber so 8psi is 8 psi regardless of alltitude.

any insight?

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we've got em on order at t & t powersports....
pretty sure boss man mr t will be runnin one on his apex...

only to keep up with my hcr...

can complain at price either around 2200 for 20+ hp
add a exhaust and a rapid bike and theres great potential...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we've got em on order at t & t powersports....
pretty sure boss man mr t will be runnin one on his apex...

only to keep up with my hcr...

can complain at price either around 2200 for 20+ hp
add a exhaust and a rapid bike and theres great potential...

Gotta say and maybe it is petty but i dont see many site dedicated to turbo and superchargers for Cat, always yamaha and polaris ... why is that :rolleyes:;)

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The MCX turbo kits that we use are altitude compensating. You're right in thinking that 8psi is 8psi but the oxygen content changes at higher elevations so you still lose some. The auto compensator will raise the boost level as required to maintain hp at altitude so while your NA 180hp sled drops to 120hp at altitude, a turbo will only drop to maybe 160hp. The beauty of a compensator is that it will automatically raise the boost pressure to maintain 180hp. you can also control it with a manual boost controller, you just have to be careful as your boost will increase as you descend in altitude. Superchargers are not quite as easy as they are pulley driven. As the hp drops so does the rpm, which in turn lowers the turbine speed. The way I understand the new G Force superchargers is they are designed to give about 20hp to compensate for altitude loss but I could be wrong. The only thing I know for sure is a low boost 6-8psi turbo will make them look sick:p

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta say and maybe it is petty but i dont see many site dedicated to turbo and superchargers for Cat, always yamaha and polaris ... why is that :rolleyes:;)

There are some good 2 stroke turbos out there for Cat's. From what I have seen and heard Boondocker has a great setup for M8 and Twisted has them for the 8's and 1000's. If I was doing a 2 stroke I would look at a Cat or Polaris as they are EFI. Yeah, I am biased towards Yamaha but if you want a reliable Turbo that isn't going to need regular rebuilds and race gas you gotta go with Yamaha 4 strokes

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some good 2 stroke turbos out there for Cat's. From what I have seen and heard Boondocker has a great setup for M8 and Twisted has them for the 8's and 1000's. If I was doing a 2 stroke I would look at a Cat or Polaris as they are EFI. Yeah, I am biased towards Yamaha but if you want a reliable Turbo that isn't going to need regular rebuilds and race gas you gotta go with Yamaha 4 strokes

I was just poking a little fun :beer:. Yes there is a turbo for any sled out there. Yamaha just NEEDS it....;). Yes i am just poking a little more fun

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just poking a little fun :beer:. Yes there is a turbo for any sled out there. Yamaha just NEEDS it....;). Yes i am just poking a little more fun

After you have had a turbo every sled needs it :d:d:d

Top Bottom