Looking To Purchase NEW ATV

domecreek

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new ATV however none of the dealers in Alberta who I have spoken to, will take VISA.
Any suggestions ? Does anyone know of dealers who will ?

Thank you

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeze, that's odd. You'd think it's as good as cash to them. Maybe just take out a cash advance on your Visa. I think the only penalty is that interest starts accumulating immediately instead of after 30 days.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is likely because they don't want to pay the visa service fees on something that big. I think it is between 3-4%. That is why any place that takes visa should give a discount on cash sales.

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new ATV however none of the dealers in Alberta who I have spoken to, will take VISA.

Thank you

Most dealers will only do a partial payment on a credit card, usually only about $2000, as they have to pay 2-3% per dollar on the transaction. Not sure if they would or even if it is worth it to you, maybe they could increase the cost of the atv, to cover that amount.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've tried to do the same thing in the past and was told that they would accept it, but would add on the visa fees.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% Rght all will take a deposit but not the full amount, I know riverside in st albert on the skidoo side will take it all on visa, but will charge you the extra 2/3% on top. So if you are fine with that call Rob at 780-458-7227 good luck

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was against the rules for any retailer to pass on their credit card fees onto the customer.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my local dealer will take credit on something like that. just depends how much they appreciate your business i guess

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought it was against the rules for any retailer to pass on their credit card fees onto the customer.

Usually the dealer gets negotiated down to his bottom line price and then the consumer tosses the credit card on the counter to pay. On a $15000 purchase that can be as much as $400! Thats alot of coin coming off the top. Most dealers will work with you on a card purchase but trust me they are not going to take the hit on that kind of coin for a sale. Remember.........just because the toy costs $15000 doesn't mean that is how much the dealer gets to keep. The manufacturer wants his share.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most dealers will only do a partial payment on a credit card, usually only about $2000, as they have to pay 2-3% per dollar on the transaction. Not sure if they would or even if it is worth it to you, maybe they could increase the cost of the atv, to cover that amount.

That would be exactly why. That stuff adds up, we pay a couple hundred a month selling $10,000-$15,000 of product a month. let alone each vehicle you sell is that??? Jesus!

domecreek

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I guess my Visa is a liability. I don't carry cash and I don't write cheques anymore. I am looking at purchasing two Quads, one for myself and one for my wife. . I thought a dealer would be excited to have me walk in the door to purchase two units, but I get the feeling that I will be penalized for carrying my Visa. I guess we will put our purchasing on hold given the feedback. With respect to dealers, why even bother taking credit cards if it erodes the margins. However, when I took cash in my business, I was also charged upwards of 3% for depositing cash as this charge was blended in with our Current Account service charges.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give them a bank draft or I think a bank should give you a over the counter cheque. Or I guess you go with out. I wouldn't take Visa unless I addeed it to the costs to the quad

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thank you
i bought a 13k sled at turple bros on MasterCard in dec. They didn't have a problem with it.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give me a call at T & T Today.. let me figure out a solution. 780 826 6121. We have wicked units, epic prices.. and beyond spectacular customer service...........
just sayin...
Arctic Cat
Yamaha
Suzuki
Husqvarna

Top Bottom