Looking for reed advice...

SledKitten

Reaction score
I have a 2010 m8 all stock except a speedwerx can. It's at around 3000kms and I'm thinking of changing the reeds out. Any advice on what works best in this sled with no other mods? Vforce, boyesen, or to just stick with stock arctic cat reeds? I'm looking for better throttle response and seems to lag a bit when holding the throttle open while climbing.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always preferred Boysen reeds to V-force, the v-force used to crack petals really bad, boysen reeds seem to last quite well

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have boyesen. Seems to pull harder than my buddies with the same sled, and I had to go up a couple grams in the clutch. I put them in after the stock reeds fell apart and took out the top end.

Uptown

Reaction score
Boysen work great, but they are 3/16" longer then stock. have to trim the air box tube to allow for room. If your willing to spend the dough they are worth it. Plus later if you add pipes or big bore they will work even better. I have boysen reeds, slp intake, speedwerx muffler, ceramic coated stock pipe and pc5 controller. I got the pc5 just to clean up the mapping,now im ready to pipe it, just need the dough!! lol

Top Bottom